Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pricing help: 2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4 dr

gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
edited February 2015 in MINI
Please let me know if this is a good deal, or if there's room to negotiate. Planning to purchase:

2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4 dr
MSRP $24,525
Selling Price $23,500
Automatic

It's pretty much a base model...no moonroof....

Comments

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Seems like an OK price, but there might be a bit more room to negotiate. Have you tried the price service from Edmunds? Give it a go and see if you can do better....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    Thank you, Benjamin.....I'll give that a try.
    Let us know how you do. Sounds like a fun car!++
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,065
    gap4jason said:

Please let me know if this is a good deal, or if there's room to negotiate. Planning to purchase:

2015 Mini Cooper Hardtop 4 dr
    MSRP $24,525
    Selling Price $23,500
    Automatic

It's pretty much a base model...no moonroof....

The new Cooper Hardtop 4 door is a new model this year; not sure how many MINI plans to send to the US, so if supply is limited, there may not be much in the way of discounting. The $1000 discount you are getting is about 4% off sticker.

Of course, the local MINI dealer where my daughter has bought two MINI's is a one price shop, so no discount from sticker is available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• aglitteraglitter Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

im turning my lease back in and this is what I was offered.

2015 mini 4 door white silver premium package 
    mrsp: 28,500
    residual: 60%
    mf:.00156
    $0 cash drive off (literally nothing)
    $335 a month for 10k miles /40 month lease

i have to then call mini financial to pay my mileage overages of $1650 for current lease ending. 

Good deal?
    aglitter said:

Hi,

i have to then call mini financial to pay my mileage overages of $1650 for current lease ending. 

Good deal?

What is the selling price?

I don't see a 40 month term listed this month - the numbers I have are .00115 and 60% for 36/10

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    aglitter said:

Hi,

Good deal?

I am not in the market for this car. However I know how to deal with a lease. I was looking here for a friend. If you are thinking about leasing another one of these and you "owe" $1650.00 on mileage on your last one you need to NEGOTIATE! You tell them you are thinking about leasing another one and see what they will do. Maybe waive some or all of the mileage etc, certainly cut that down. I have done this myself with Honda which is the best leasing company. I have no idea how Mini is, however dont just call them and pay that amount! Thats crazy. As is a 40 month lease IMHO. I see no benefit ever going past 36. However dont pay 40 months of payments into a 36 month lease either.
  • jvosjvos Member Posts: 91
    Interesting. So folks ARE able to negotiate. Our local dealer says MSRP or go pound tar with a claim only 3% profit is built in on a MINI.
    jvos said:

Interesting. So folks ARE able to negotiate. Our local dealer says MSRP or go pound tar with a claim only 3% profit is built in on a MINI.

It depends .. the local MINI dealer where my daughter has bought two MINIs is a 'no haggle' dealership - she paid MSRP for both cars. They don't charge a dealer fee, which runs $300-600 here in Colorado, so there's that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

jvos said:

My local dealer, Mini of Louisville, has a new red 2015 Cooper 4 door for $3500 off of msrp, with a sale price of $23,400 (with $500 college grad savings):

http://www.minioflouisville.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-MINI-Cooper_Hardtop_4_Door--Louisville-KY/2467070163

They've got 37 pix of it at the link.

In the highly unlikely event you're within driving distance, might be worth the trip....