Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru WRX in Snow Help

hondalady88hondalady88 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in Subaru
How does the 6 speed 2015 Subaru WRX perform in the snow and on ice? I'm used to driving low to the ground, 5 speed manual Honda's, without any all wheel drive on them. I'm not an insane driver and would like to use the Subaru WRX car as my daily driver. I live in a state that gets about 1 to 4 inches of snow during the winter time for 4 to 5 months out of the year with decent city plowing.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284

How does the 6 speed 2015 Subaru WRX perform in the snow and on ice? I'm used to driving low to the ground, 5 speed manual Honda's, without any all wheel drive on them. I'm not an insane driver and would like to use the Subaru WRX car as my daily driver. I live in a state that gets about 1 to 4 inches of snow during the winter time for 4 to 5 months out of the year with decent city plowing.

Subaru's have full time AWD, so they are great in the snow. However, a FWD car with a good set of winter tires will likely be just as good, without the penalty of the poor WRX mileage.

Any reason why you aren't looking at the regular Impreza? Or CrossTrek?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2015
    The 2015 WRX comes from the factory with Dunlop Summer tires, so you should swap them out for Winter or All-Season tires before venturing out in the snow.
  • hondalady88hondalady88 Member Posts: 2
    thank you. I am also looking into the Crosstrex as well.
  • BrownieDuhBearBrownieDuhBear Member Posts: 1
    I have no doubt the on occasional 24"to the void 1 - 2". The gas mileage isn't great, but I drive ahout 6,000 miles a year. My old Subaru was a pig on gas with its 2.5-liter boxer and the new 2.0 isn't much better. This is life in AWD country.