Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Volvo XC90 Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited March 2015 in Volvo
image2016 Volvo XC90 Road Test | Edmunds.com

The fully redesigned 2016 Volvo XC90 returns with all-new style and multiple powertrains including a hybrid model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hank39hank39 Tallahassee, FLPosts: 144
    Wow...this thing looks amazing on all fronts. All of the new gadgetry is impressive...classy without being gawdy. Way to go Volvo!
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    I like the interior, the exterior is rather bland. I hope the eventual sedan and wagon are a little closer to the 2 door wagon concept.
  • quidycatquidycat Posts: 12
    a good soccer mom suv. too feminine for guys
  • chol92594chol92594 Posts: 208
    I kind of agree that the exterior looks a little bland (although that might be partially due to how fantastic the interior looks), but it's pretty much the classic understated Scandinavian design that Volvo has always done so well. I think they'll do really well with this new XC90. I know a lot of people who loved the old model, especially because they prioritized safety and made it a very family-friendly vehicle. It's nice to see that Volvo really stepped up the luxury quotient with this new model.
  • meteor10meteor10 Posts: 59
    too family and low horse power suv... never will buy such a car.
  • hdluffyhdluffy Posts: 12
    super charged and turbo 4 is not a reliable idea. I'd get one if they had a v6.
  • sagrawalsagrawal Posts: 2
    How does XC90 fare in comparison to BMW X5?
  • kirkaiyakirkaiya Posts: 1
    This update looks really great, especially the interior. And I definitely like the use of the supercharger + turbocharger to increase the power while giving great (for its class) gas mileage. Given the new, higher price, I also wonder how it fares in a direct comparison to the BMW X5? It seemed odd to me that Edmunds lists the Benz GL as a possible competitor but not the X5.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Posts: 671
    An SUV that does not cope well with rough roads?!
  • quidycat said:

a good soccer mom suv. too feminine for guys

Really - too feminine? Whatever. It's classically styled. Understated. Just like much of Sweden. Go buy your gawdy - over masculine corvette. We all know men who drive those are compensating for something.
  • I have had MB GL450 for six years and found it is the only SUV with plenty of space for 3rd row seating and has a good acceleration. I would skip Volvo XC 90 due to slow acceleration and limited space in 3rd row.