Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease Question 428xi Convertible

msskarinamsskarina Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in BMW
Hello All,

I went in to my local BMW dealer to lease a car for the wife. She found a used 2014 428xi convertible with 5200 miles on it. The dealer offered to lease it to me, but I'm having a tough time with the fact that it's a used vehicle. Do these lease numbers add up:

Original MSRP $60,325
Selling Price $50,615

MF: 0.00130
Term: 36 Months

Drive off $2,785.64
Includes:
$304.50 Reg Fee
$995.00 Bank Fee
$389.00 Doc Fee
$6.00 Tire Tax ???
$599 1st Month Payment
$492.14 Cap Cost Reduction

Monthly Payment $599 tax included

I'm going back and forth on this because it seems like $599/mo is a good deal for this vehicle, but the numbers are not really backing that up. Any advice out there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Can't really comment, as the lease programs have pretty much disappeared on the 2014 models. They still lease them, but residuals aren't published for March.

It wouldn't bother me to lease a used/demo/serviceloaner, as long as the car will be in warranty for the full lease term. You should check that expiration date, as a car with 5200 miles already has the clock ticking.

I notice that the bank fee is marked up $200 from the base amount, but the .00130 MF is the base, so that's good. What is the mileage allowance on the lease? I agree that the payment seems good for a $60K MSRP car.... Probably better than you can do on a new 2015.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator