Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Brake lights and Chime on after 87kmph

vkopvkop Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Buick
Hello All,

I have a Buick Rendezvous FWD 2002 CX. It has about 140K on it. The issue I am facing lately is that when I hit 87~90Kmph, the ABS, P, TC(off) and (!) fault in brake system lights are on in the dashboard along with the Chime. It doesn't shut off until I switch off and turn it on again. This has been going on for a month now.. I see many with this issue but none with solution.
I have changed the brake pads, replaced the wiring near the front wheel sensors, and also the my mechanic says the scan codes are not picked up by his scanner.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :smile: :worried:

Also is this something to be worried about ??

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Probably the mechanic needs to hook up his equipment while the fault is occurring or the lights are on--then he can "capture" the data from the various sensors and evaluate from there. Not all scanners might be able to read your ABS codes. This sure sounds like a wheel sensor issue but there are certainly other possibilities.
  • vkopvkop Posts: 2
    Thank you MR_Shiftright for the information, the mechanic had it hooked up and was driving around. Will check with the mechanic again.