Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Two questions about ES 300h vs. ES 350: Pricing & Navigation

fisfis Member Posts: 18
edited March 2015 in Lexus
My wife is debating between the ES 350 and ES 300h. I have two questions:

1) She does NOT want the Nav system. Is the ES 300h even available without it? Dealers have plenty of ES 350 inventory without a Nav system, but it appears that the ES 300h is always shipped with Navigation. Are ES 300h models available without Nav?

2) I haven't started bargaining yet. I have confidence in my ability to get the best price out of a dealer, but would love to know going in if there is less bargaining to be had on the hybrid (particularly if I'm ordering one without navigation). My assumption going in is that there's about a $3K difference on comparably equipped models, but if negotiating power varies considerably, then I'll probably just focus on the less expensive 350.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    fis said:

My wife is debating between the ES 350 and ES 300h. I have two questions:

1) She does NOT want the Nav system. Is the ES 300h even available without it? Dealers have plenty of ES 350 inventory without a Nav system, but it appears that the ES 300h is always shipped with Navigation. Are ES 300h models available without Nav?

2) I haven't started bargaining yet. I have confidence in my ability to get the best price out of a dealer, but would love to know going in if there is less bargaining to be had on the hybrid (particularly if I'm ordering one without navigation). My assumption going in is that there's about a $3K difference on comparably equipped models, but if negotiating power varies considerably, then I'll probably just focus on the less expensive 350.

Thanks in advance

Navigation is optional on the hybrid. It's packaged with the Mark Levinson sound system upgrade. It's entirely possible that every ES 300h that is delivered to your region has it, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator