Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Silverado starting issues

chris847712chris847712 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Chevrolet
I own a 2006 Chevy Silverado crew cab Z 71 1500. The truck has 170,000 and it runs great except every single time when I gas it up it will not start after it has a full tank. I have to keep cycling the ignition key and eventually it will start up. Other than that it'll always start up only when I gas it up it has the issue. Has anyone ever heard of this problem when you cannot start your truck up after it is fueled up?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you ever serviced your EVAP cannister? If these clog up, it can cause over rich mixture and a starting issue. Try this--a "flood clearing" procedure---try to start the car with the gas pedal floored--if it starts right up (and be SURE to release the gas once the engine starts so you don't over-rev), then that's probably your issue---something causing an over-rich mixture and wetting of the spark plugs. Given that this only happens (I presume) after a fill up, the EVAP is suspect....just a guess of course at this distance. You might try to read any codes in the system to give you more hints.