Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Door hinge pins / door dropping.

sparky97sparky97 Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in GMC
My doors seem to of droped a little bit so it is hard to close the doors, so i bought replacement parts and replaced the door hinge pins but did nothing for my problem, does anybody know what to do about this.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,377
    edited March 2015
    OK, if it wasn't the hinge pins, it has to be something. Could be a worn bushing that the pin sits in. Here's a video I found dealing with this issue on a GMC Jimmy. Although you may have replaced the bushings (you didn't say). I suppose it's possible the bushing wore out to the point where the hole the bushing sits in also wore down a bit.

Other options that come to mind seem unlikely and way bigger issues. Bent door frame opening, door bent where the hinge attaches (see what I mean by unlikely and bigger?)

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Can you adjust the striker?