Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CarFax Decision. Would appreciate your help.

mattt33mattt33 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2015 in Kia
I'm looking at two SUV's (KIA Sorento's -2013). Pre-Owned Certified.

Would love the input on the following as I'm a bit stuck.

The two Sorento's are practically identical (Color/Price/Milage (White/$19.9K/38K)

Only difference is one has a roof rack and also a V6 3.5L (vs. the other which is 2.4L 4 cylinder). Seems like a no brainer, but the V6 has 4 previous owners on the car fax vs. the 2.4L has 1.

Is that such a big issue? One of the four owners (the first) was listed as a rental, the rest personal. A bit of a red flag, however if both have the KIA Pre-Owned Certification should I feel okay?

What are your thoughts? Am I missing anything I should be considering/thinking about? I appreciate any insight.
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,268
    mattt33 said:

The two Sorento's are practically identical (Color/Price/Milage (White/$19.9K/38K)

Only difference is one has a roof rack and also a V6 3.5L (vs. the other which is 2.4L 4 cylinder). Seems like a no brainer, but the V6 has 4 previous owners on the car fax vs. the 2.4L has 1.

Is that such a big issue? One of the four owners (the first) was listed as a rental, the rest personal. A bit of a red flag, however if both have the KIA Pre-Owned Certification should I feel okay?

What are your thoughts? Am I missing anything I should be considering/thinking about? I appreciate any insight.

I guess I'm a bit surprised that a car with only 38K on the odometer has already had 4 owners.

I'm sure I can scare up some folks to share their opinions with you on this....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    I got scared off several otherwise good looking vehicles because the had 3 owners in two years. One was a year old and had 51K on it. No thanks.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,429
    mattt33 said:

I don't know too much about Kia Sorrentos, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. Go with your gut feeling. Stay away from the 4 owner V6. I wouldn't go for the 4 cyl model either. Keep looking. There are many more cars just like the V6 Sorrento you liked. Just be patient. Good luck!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,545
    may not mean anything. I see that on occasion as I am cruising through listings that include a carfax. Sometimes it may have changed hands from dealer to dealer. But it does not have to mean that it was a bad car that people dumped as soon as they figured that out.

if certified, and it checks out OK (you said certified so I assume at a Kia dealer, so they can pull warranty history. if it has been bad news, will show up there), your don't really have that much exposure.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.