Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 GMC Acadia Power Steering Problem

cabover30cabover30 Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in GMC
My 2010 GMC Acadia seems to lose power steering while turning sharply at low speeds. It's almost as if the engine isn't driving the power steering pump enough. I checked the fluid level and it was down slightly so I added some fluid and it still is losing power when turned tight.

Anyone else have this problem?

Answers

• larryb1963larryb1963 Member Posts: 26
    ck the belt if its glazes it will slip without noise. a ez ck is to put the head light on high step on brakes and turn the wheel look at the voltage gage. does it drop ? belt is slipping, if not change the p/s fluid it may be burn Note if you change the belt use a good quality belt or you will be doing it again next year . if the milage is over 80k change the tensioner with it .
  • cabover30cabover30 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Larryb, I didn't think of the belt. I'll try it when I get home.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    cabover30 said:

My 2010 GMC Acadia seems to lose power steering while turning sharply at low speeds. It's almost as if the engine isn't driving the power steering pump enough. I checked the fluid level and it was down slightly so I added some fluid and it still is losing power when turned tight.

Anyone else have this problem?

Hey cabover30,

Please keep us posted on your inspection. If you are losing vehicle power we want to get this taken care of sooner than later, so we'll gladly connect you with your local GMC dealership for assistance. We're available via private message if you need any additional assistance. With all inquiries please be sure to include your VIN, full contact information, mileage, and primary dealership name.

Thanks,
    Amber N.
    GM Customer Care