Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need advice for Honda CRV

tom2015tom2015 Posts: 5
edited May 2015 in Honda
I have CRV 2008 with 80K miles on it. Few months back I replaced it with new tires, alignment etc. ($900) and recently I replaced the rear brakes (callipers, fluid etc.) that costed me $550. I am thinking since the vehicle is getting older, these kinds of maintenance will come up in future and I don't know how much more I will have to spend. Is it a good idea to sell this vehicle and purchase a sedan / SUV with 10-30K miles on it? That way, I don't have to worry on major maintenance costs. I am not inclined towards CRV as I don't really see a need for space (family of 3) and not very comfortable (ride is bumpy on rough roads). I am leaning towards either Accord/Camry (as my budget is <20K). Please help.

Best Answer

Answers

• tom2015tom2015 Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    Thanks kyfdx. Here are the parameters I am thinking for sedan: 1) good enough space for my little one's stroller, 2) comfortable ride for both rear and front passengers, 3) decent interior space (front/rear), 4) decent mileage (city/highway). I didn't include reliability as Toyota/Honda are synonymous with it. I will be keeping the vehicle for at least 3-4 years.

Which one (Accord/Camry) has bigger interior and trunk space? In general, why is Accord pricier than Camry? I have always seen fantastic reviews for both these models, neck-neck on reliability,safety (crash tests) etc.

If I go for premium segment, would you recommend Acura TLX or Lexus ES 350? Should I be looking at newer CRV (as in improvements on ride comfort)? Any other options I should be looking at?