Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cadillac SRX

Comments

• Options
    fooldotcomfooldotcom Member Posts: 4
    I just re-read your post and you may be unclear or misled on one other particular.

1SC -- the SRX Luxury Performance Package you ordered -- does NOT include any sunroof. The two sunroof options I covered in my previous post are ordered separately.

You had written, "I chose the V8 AWD Luxury Performance Package which includes the Ultraview power moonroof." So I wanted to make sure that, as far as I understand it, anyway, this is erroneous.

To conclude as plainly as possible, if you want XM Satellite, it's a separate and independent option that you can order just so long as you don't get the UltraView PLUS roof.

David G.
  • Options
    mds54mds54 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your feedback, David G.

You're right, the moon(sun?)roof is an option even with the Luxury Performance Package.

I did NOT get the Ultraview PLUS roof. I too read the pricing options listed which states that XM is available, as you stated. But what my salesman tells me is different. My understanding is that it was supposed to be available, but they are having problems installing it, and the factory is not including it on any Ultraview roof models at this time. They are installing it only on models with no roofs. I feel I have to go with what they tell me although I will present this again with the dealer when I pick up the vehicle, as I do feel mislead. I also have a call in to Cadillac regarding this matter. Thanks again!
    -Mark
  • Options
    mds54mds54 Member Posts: 3
    Sunroof/XM radio update:
    I just re-read the SRX brochure from the dealer.
    Under Luxury Package Options it states:
    "XM Satellite Radio:[description snipped]...(not available with sunroof)"
    It doesn't specify Ultraview OR Ultraview PLUS.
    I'm not sure what to think now....
    -Mark
  • Options
    raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    Is not available with the sunroof.

Cadillac is exploring ways to "metallicise" the sunroof to allow for XM reception.
  • Options
    nevadagamenevadagame Member Posts: 9
    Sunroof = no XM radio any sunroof also = no third row seat...go figure, I bought the sunroof and took my SRX directly to car toys and had Serius satilite rqadio installed in one hour, they could have installed XM but I think Serius is better. It intragates directly through the factory system and works great. My car is in service today, the headlight washers have a minde of their own...I have the cleanest headlights in town.
  • Options
    Any sunroof=no third row seat? Or did I read wrong?

You can get the third row without a roof.
  • Options
    When I bought my car I was told that getting a sunroof (ultraview) or ultraview plus...meant that you could not get a third row seat...No one could figure out why but that's what it was...I already resigned myself to an aftermarket sat radio...an aftermarket trailering package...they won't be available under any circumstances until sometime after Jan...oil cooler failed in late stage testing, and I really don't need the third seat, so I got the ultraview...things may change but that's 30 day old information.
  • Options
    eaton53eaton53 Member Posts: 356
    One of the posters on the CTS board had a similar situation - his golf bag wouldn't fit in the CTS trunk.

He solved the problem by taking his driver out and putting it on top of the bag in the trunk. Perhaps this would also work for the SRX.

Sounds like a simple solution to me.
  • Options
    blondie54blondie54 Member Posts: 9
    I am very interested in the SRX AWD V8 but my local dealer has one on the lot with all the goodies, MSRP 60.k I think its way over priced and wonder what people are paying. This car has a third row seat and the ultra view roof.My other option might be the lexus gx470, but I like the drive on the caddie.I need a third row seat with air for a big dog.Any help?? Thanks
  • Options
    I paid 1500. under actual msrp with no DH added. I leased for 36 months 6% interest and 54% residiual value...(payment based on 46% of msrp minus 1500)
  • Options
    I have one in stock with an ultraview and 3rd row!

You got yours recently, I take it? There's a conquest offer already!
  • Options
    adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    I thought the only way to get the third row was to get ultraview

but what do I know
  • Options
    Right now you can't order one with any roof. Good thing you can still get the seats.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Your email bounced.

I'm guessing that was a Caddy press release you posted but I can't find it with a net search. Can you link to the article or release and just quote a paragraph or two so we don't have to worry about any copyright issues? Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • Options
    Black Diamond? We want pics!!
  • Options
    logic1logic1 Member Posts: 2,433
    the link is to a members only site.
  • Options
    Actually it linked to a competing auto forum, and that's frowned upon by the beancounters here.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    cadillac1cadillac1 Member Posts: 51
    I guess I shouldn't post in the late hours of the night. I apologize for my verbal assault on Edmunds. I am usually a couteous poster.

Steve, I understand Edmunds policy, however, can you explain how I could tell the people here how to find a pic of the Black Diamond SRX without linking to another Auto site? I mean, its not like coverage on the SEMA autoshow is everywhere. If I were to put the picture in my webshots account, and link to their, would that be allowed, or would my site be considered in competition with Edmunds.
  • Options
    No harm, no foul. Just don't link to or encourage others to visit auto sites that provide message boards. Copyright problems would be your issue :-)

Sema.org only has the '02 pics up but the show starts in 3 days, so it won't be long for the ski truck to show up in all the news media. (SEMA Show 2003)

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that there's a news embargo on releasing photos/info until the show starts.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    pecclespeccles Member Posts: 52
  • Options
    edbutkusedbutkus Member Posts: 1
    Be advised that the wood grain center console shown in all literature, brochures and web site (even Edmunds) is omitted from recent new delivered SRX's. GM will not honor advertising, take it or leave it attitude. They wonder why they have lost market share.

Told me if I spring for the aftermarket (200$) kit it may void my warrantee, talk about rubbing my rhubarb!
  • Options
    rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    I also think that Holden (GM's Australian division) should give GM North America some of its cars. Also Vauxhall/Opel (GM's European division) should also give us their cars. Those cars seem to look a little better and have nicer GEN III engines. They could even bring back the Caprice!! Why? Because there is a Holden Caprice (also called Stateman, though Caprice has more features) in Australia.

wanna see more??
    http://www.holden.com.au

Hey, we're already imported the Holden Monaro CV8 as a Pontiac GTO 5.7! Why not more??

The best cars to import are probably the Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Vectra, Holden Adventra, Holden Caprice (Statesman), and Holden Commodore SS

so, what do u think??
  • Options
    regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    yes, agreed, especially for the caprice but GM NA doesn't quite get it.
  • Options
    baron87baron87 Member Posts: 93
    What about Catera? That was a wonderful four-door relative of the Holden Monaro, and an outright piece of junk.

What does any of that have to do with the SRX anyway?
  • Options
    logic1logic1 Member Posts: 2,433
    toward all global platforms:

http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0311/05/d01-316720.htm

Not global cars, mind you. Which makes sense. A car designed to sell in all markets would always have to be a compromise.
  • Options
    "Cadillac is now the only GM division that currently sells a rear wheel drive car in North America -- the CTS sedan."

Chevrolet still has one.... Cadillac has 2.
    Fire the proofreader!!!
  • Options
    why not offer AWD as well? They would sell more of them than they think.
  • Options
    rctennis3811rctennis3811 Member Posts: 1,031
    i kno i should be posting this here but...

yea, why doesnt GM NA get it?? seriously the CAPRICE could compete here!

oh and the Catera may have been a relative of the Monaro...well, not really because it was more a relative of the Vauxhall/Opel Omega, while the same platform, but with different suspensions and engines which makes a HUGE difference!
  • Options
    boards3700boards3700 Member Posts: 5
    I have searched and have been unable to find the GVWR on the 'net today.....can someone point it out to me please?
  • Options
    pbeerspbeers Member Posts: 26
    Test drove both the V6 and the V8 today. Wow, this is a nice driving vehicle...
  • Options
    the feature for the SRX on the front page of the website says the SRX has manual transmission.....you might wanna have your folks check the wording.
  • Options
    Aw jeeze, not the Caddy ad! The 5-speed shiftable automatic transmission must be throwing people off. The ad does say that the SRX "combines the power of automatic and manual transmissions." It doesn't really say a manual is available, but I can see where it'd be confusing.

Thanks, I'll pass the info along for review.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    thanks......!
  • Options
    tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    How much is the sunroof option without the extra 3rd seat window and is it a seperate option or grouped with other items?
  • Options
    From what I've seen, the Ultraview sunroof IS available as its own option, without the extra 3rd seat window (Ultraview Plus) or as part of a group. It has an MSRP of $1,800 and an invoice price of about $1,500.
  • Options
    Ed...your comments about woodgrain are ludacris. The SXR is made with several option packages...the base option package and 1st level luxury packages called 1SB...are supplied with black surround bezels, only the 1SC package has the wood grain and always did and still does of course. It seems you're more interested in being mad at GM than checking facts. No their is no plastic wood grain conspiracy and the buyers need not be too SCARED OF BEING CHEATED out of some plastic wood grain as you warn...I suspect you don't drive an american car and you're looking for reasons to be right about your choice. Check your facts before warning the rest of us.
  • Options
    cornellpremedcornellpremed Member Posts: 58
    edbutkus is probably one of regfootball's or bmwseller's alternate accounts.
  • Options
    NOT.
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    ... dispense with the personal snipes.

Thanks.

tidester, host
  • Options
    I like the SRX interior without the wood around the center console. The all black just looks sharper.

If you get the 1C package on the 6 cylinder, you'll be taking off the plood, which is probably no big deal.
  • Options
    I don't think that's plastic wood on the stack.... it's the real thing.

I can take it or leave it, too.
  • Options
    Regfootball, I think you were the only vocal person who didn't like the wording of the SRX ad. Everyone else though it was a good way to emphasis that you can shift the auto if you want to - hit the on ramp and pretend you're Mario Andretti.

The ad has rolled off the front page now anyway, but thanks for noticing.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    thanks for looking into it. at least you had the right picture on there. car connection had a Bonneville GXP article with a Grand Prix picture. It has since been changed...LOL
  • Options
    sorry, I assumed all that wood stuff in cars is not real wood. Do they really use real wood? How do they make it look so much like plastic? :-)
  • Options
    theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    It's real, but it's about 1 millimeter thick. They gloss the hell out of it and put plastic behind it. They would rather not have thick wood splintering all over the place in a crash.
  • Options
    Can anyone who currently owns one post what real gas mileage their getting? V6 or V8? AWD or RWD?
  • Options
    fooldotcomfooldotcom Member Posts: 4
    I'm curious what my fellow posters think of the offer I got below -- pretty much for a fully loaded SRX, paying cash. Don't know how this'll format, but here goes:

2004 Cadillac SRX V-8
    CODE DESCRIPTION PRICE

6ED26 BASE SRX $46,300.00
    1SA V-8 SRX STANDARD PACKAGE $0.00
    1SB V-8 SRX LUXURY PKG $0.00

1SC V-8 LUXURY PERFORMANCE PKG ED26 $7,145.00
    PDL LUXURY UTILITY PACKAGE $0.00
    98U WHITE DIAMOND PAINT $0.00
    AM0 THIRD ROW POWER SEAT $1,000.00
    C3B ULTRA VIEW PLUS $2,400.00
    CF5 ULTRA VIEW $0.00
    U42 REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT $1,200.00
    MV3 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AWD V8 $0.00
    U2K XM RADIO $0.00
    U57 8 SPEAKER BOSE SOUND SYSTEM $0.00
    M82 Automatic Transmission $0.00
    DEST Destination - $695.00
    TT6 HID Headlamps $0.00
    TOTAL - $58,740.00
    VEHICLE MSRP
    $58,740.00
    TOTAL DISCOUNT INCLUDING ALL APPLIED INCENTIVES
    $7,114.11
    CASH PRICE INCLUDING ALL APPLIED INCENTIVES
    $51,626
    TOTAL APPLED TAXES / FEES FOR CASH PURCHASE
    $302.65
    TOTAL APPLIED CONSUMER REBATES
    $0.00
    CUSTOMER DOWNPAYMENT AMOUNT (NOT REQUIRED) INCLUDES TRADE EQUITY
    $0.00
    TOTAL AMOUNT DUE OR AMOUNT FINANCED
    $51,928.54

OK, so a pure-cash transaction for the SRX with the Luxury package, etc., for $51,928.54. Bargaining room?

Also, anything else I should look out for, prior to going into the dealership and finishing the deal?
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    You are getting 7K off without a trade in?

That is pretty strong.

I would think there is about 6 K in profit in the car without looking at Invoice.

Has GM already added dealercashback to this vehicle?
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I know there is 1500 conquest cash that is available
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    There is already 1000 dealer cashback on the malibu.