Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Wish It Still Had 50/50-Split Rear Seats - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited May 2015 in MINI
imageWish It Still Had 50/50-Split Rear Seats - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Mini Cooper has 60/40-split folding rear seats, but I wish it still had 50/50 rear seats like in the previous two generations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    Is it possible that they designed it 60/40 for in order to accommodate child seats? The difference being, that unlike larger cars, the childs seat belongs on the 60 side. I wonder this because it's possible that there are some childs seats that may be wider than 50% of the seat.
  • fsunolefsunole Posts: 25
    legacygt said:

Is it possible that they designed it 60/40 for in order to accommodate child seats? The difference being, that unlike larger cars, the childs seat belongs on the 60 side. I wonder this because it's possible that there are some childs seats that may be wider than 50% of the seat.

The 60 side is behind the driver. No normal human could drive the Mini with a full size car seat behind them.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Posts: 471
    It's not nearly as light as that Maclaren, but when it comes to putting it in a small hatchback, boy am I happy for our Baby Jogger City Mini 4. More robust than the Triumph or Chicco strollers, yet folds up smaller & flatter.