Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Wish It Still Had 50/50-Split Rear Seats - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in MINI
imageWish It Still Had 50/50-Split Rear Seats - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Mini Cooper has 60/40-split folding rear seats, but I wish it still had 50/50 rear seats like in the previous two generations.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Is it possible that they designed it 60/40 for in order to accommodate child seats? The difference being, that unlike larger cars, the childs seat belongs on the 60 side. I wonder this because it's possible that there are some childs seats that may be wider than 50% of the seat.
  • Options
    fsunolefsunole Member Posts: 25
    legacygt said:

Is it possible that they designed it 60/40 for in order to accommodate child seats? The difference being, that unlike larger cars, the childs seat belongs on the 60 side. I wonder this because it's possible that there are some childs seats that may be wider than 50% of the seat.

The 60 side is behind the driver. No normal human could drive the Mini with a full size car seat behind them.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    It's not nearly as light as that Maclaren, but when it comes to putting it in a small hatchback, boy am I happy for our Baby Jogger City Mini 4. More robust than the Triumph or Chicco strollers, yet folds up smaller & flatter.