Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Buick Century 2001 intake manifold

trm7trm7 Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Buick
My car is a 2001 Buick Century Limited, 4dr sedan, 6cyl automatic. Original miles on this car are 61,250 miles as of today, June 3, 2015.

When I purchased this car in July 2010, I had it inspected at my local maintenance shop and had intake manifold work done which now apparently needs to be done again. The amount I paid for this work in July 2010 was $ 811 + associated fees and tax.

In Sep 2014, I was advised that this same work needs to be done again. The shop inspection sheet noted:

• evidence of engine oil in cooling system
• further inspection revealed internal leak at intake manifold
• engine not equipped with oil cooler
• need to reseal intake

The shop recommended repairs and services: Intake reseal $ 879 (oil crossover) + associated fees + tax will bring the total to about $ 1000.00.

Perhaps this is normal for my car, but does this seem right to you that this specific work would have to be redone after just 5 years? The shop says that these things happen, and they advise me to get it done soon so that the cost doesn’t increase because of the additional damage I am doing to the car as I continue to drive it.
Tagged:

Best Answer