Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Leather Steering Wheel Feels Scratchy - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageLeather Steering Wheel Feels Scratchy - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

2015 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, Scratchy-Feeling Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheels, Truck

Read the full story here

Comments

• opfreakopfreak Posts: 106
    My cmax has this same leather, and every rental ford I've been in has this same leather. Ford calls it leather but imho its just a touch better then plastic
  • banhughbanhugh Posts: 315
    I wonder what part of the cow's skin has this texture...
  • prndlolprndlol Posts: 140
    I'll take the rough texture durability over those leather wrapped wheels that essentially turned to uncoloured suede after a few years. I'm talking to you, every GM leather wheel until the mid 2000s.
  • reminderreminder Posts: 383
    It looks scratchy in the photograph.
    Can work on those calluses as you roll down the road.
  • Ford trucks can be loaded up as luxuriously as a Mercedes but they are engineered and built to work hard. That rough texture is probably there for wet, sweaty, oily working hands to have a good grip on the wheel. The gap in lower spoke is for hand placement when backing a trailer. When looking behind you backing a trailer you know the steering wheel is straight by your hand's location. All buttons and knobs can be pressed or turned while wearing work gloves. The backup camera with a trailer hitch line, side mirror spot lights, tailgate spot light for hitching trailers, front camera with washer are unique features that Ford thought of for people who use a truck as a Truck.
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 112
    Scratchy...no not mine.