Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Leather Steering Wheel Feels Scratchy - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageLeather Steering Wheel Feels Scratchy - 2015 Ford F-150 Long-Term Road Test

2015 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, Scratchy-Feeling Steering Wheel, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheels, Truck

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    opfreakopfreak Member Posts: 106
    My cmax has this same leather, and every rental ford I've been in has this same leather. Ford calls it leather but imho its just a touch better then plastic
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    I wonder what part of the cow's skin has this texture...
  • Options
    prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    I'll take the rough texture durability over those leather wrapped wheels that essentially turned to uncoloured suede after a few years. I'm talking to you, every GM leather wheel until the mid 2000s.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    It looks scratchy in the photograph.
    Can work on those calluses as you roll down the road.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Ford trucks can be loaded up as luxuriously as a Mercedes but they are engineered and built to work hard. That rough texture is probably there for wet, sweaty, oily working hands to have a good grip on the wheel. The gap in lower spoke is for hand placement when backing a trailer. When looking behind you backing a trailer you know the steering wheel is straight by your hand's location. All buttons and knobs can be pressed or turned while wearing work gloves. The backup camera with a trailer hitch line, side mirror spot lights, tailgate spot light for hitching trailers, front camera with washer are unique features that Ford thought of for people who use a truck as a Truck.
  • Options
    donl1donl1 Member Posts: 112
    Scratchy...no not mine.