Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

The Perfect Ride for Furious 7? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageThe Perfect Ride for Furious 7? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT would be a great ride for such a father-daughter outing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• defyant15defyant15 Posts: 74
    edited June 2015
    Nice post. Out of all your cars in the fleet, I would def pick the Stang as the car of choice for this purpose. Great for a movie outing and burnouts (how about peeling off your driveway with line lock engaged!!!), but also super comfy on the commute to school + awesome on track days (chase down 911's awesome).

Otherwise the Charger or Challenger would be a good choice as well - but the terrible interiors (older gen) and sloppy handling + massive size do them in for me. Still, fun rides nonetheless!
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    Firebird Formula T/A? Was the Trans Am a secondary package you could add to the Firebird level similar to the old Camaro RS/SS package? I have always considered the Formula and the T/A totally separate versions of the Firebird.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512

Firebird Formula T/A? Was the Trans Am a secondary package you could add to the Firebird level similar to the old Camaro RS/SS package? I have always considered the Formula and the T/A totally separate versions of the Firebird.

I think you are correct...most of the T/A's firepower was available in the Formula, I think. Kinda like a mid-80s Mustang GT and LX 5.0...all the dash, minus the flash.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 13,744
    Formula is black maybe with gold was close enough for a kid. Car in the magazine is definitely a Formula.
    2017 Ford Fusion SE 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • grijongrijon Posts: 147
    Great post, Scott.
  • Nah, go for the 66 Vette for the burnouts!