Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cincinnati1cincinnati1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning to buy an AWD RX330 with the Premium Plus package, stickers at $41,108. A local dealer has offered to sell for $41,653 total which includes 7% sales tax and fees. They claim it's $2500 below MSRP which sounds accurate. Has anyone found a better deal in the SW Ohio area (Indy, Louisville, Dayton, etc.)? I've only requested quotes via email so I don't yet know if they'll budge.
  • Options
    newbieexv6newbieexv6 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Musu,
    I was in the market for similar kind of car. I appreciate if you could help me out with the guy's name at Norwood dealership, so I can contact him. Right now I am in No. VA and here every dealer wanted to become rich with just one RX ( at least sounding like that). Please send me an e-mail and I appreciate that help.

thanks,
  • Options
    musu08musu08 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Newbieexv6,

Can you post your e-mail ID for me to contact you.
    I would be glad to help you with the info you need.

Musu
  • Options
    Hi Musu,

Thanks so much for your help. I have just bought one in Texas ( Where I live ) and the dealer is going to ship it out to me ( VA - work place ). This is the only way that I can get it registered in my home place ( just realized ) so I bought it in TX. Only the problem with this is getting AWD is not an option due to rarely they come to TX. On the other side, No NAV/ML/RES options with AWDs in north east. I think north east dealers are just jacking up prices to make money. Anyway, this is my experience.

I have got FWD / NAV, ML package / RES / wheel locks and misc. MSRP - $3500 + ship to Northern VA. That's the deal. I am not sure it's good or bad but after shopping it in north east, I was so happy that I bought it in TX.

take care guys.
  • Options
    $3500 + Shipping to VA means dealer will bare shipping expenses may be another $750 - $1000.

thanks.
  • Options
    cheesestatecheesestate Member Posts: 8
    Do you mean $35,000 or $3500?
  • Options
    jack1963jack1963 Member Posts: 15
    Hi. You say you got your Lexus in Texas....can you tell me where in Texas? I am in Dallas, looking to purchase ASAP and would sure like to try for the deal you got! Any info will be appreciated!
  • Options
    Hi,

it's 3500. What I meant was I have saved $3500+shipping cost from Dallas to Northern Virginia ( what ever that costs ). So if it costs $750, that means my deal is MSRP - $4250.

I hope you have got it now.
  • Options
    please send me an e-mail to newbieexv6@hotmail.com and I will reply that with info.
  • Options
    Hi. You say you got your Lexus in Texas....can you tell me where in Texas? I am in Dallas, looking to purchase ASAP and would sure like to try for the deal you got! Any info will be appreciated!
  • Options
    lubdhaklubdhak Member Posts: 15
    Have you bought your RX from Norwood? I would like to hear your experience.

Did your car arrive with the wheel lock and cargo mat or was it added later?

Thanks
  • Options
    fsc1555fsc1555 Member Posts: 42
    I got my lexus from Park Place Lexus Plano - good experienced - if u would like to know my salesman - email me and will let u know.
  • Options
    Do I need to go have my car service or check at 1000 miles? _ I have to travel at least 200 miles to get it done - I'm thinking I might do it down the road around 1250 or 1500 and when I get the chance - I have at least 1050 miles right now Im not going back to Dallas - almost 500 miles to get it done there.

Have not have trouble about rattling noise or problem with shifting here.

Thanks for the input
  • Options
    vincent7vincent7 Member Posts: 10
    1,000 miles is just a check-This is done while you wait a half hour or so
  • Options
    jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats!
    You can do 1000 mile checkup at any place.Its just a regular checkup as vincent7 said it wont take more than 30 minutes.
    Can you provide more details of your car package and how much you paid for it?
    Thankyou
    Krystal
  • Options
    blazerbeamblazerbeam Member Posts: 6
    Hi there folks! Was wondering if there any good or bad experiences in Denver, Colorado buying a Lexus. Recommendations on working with a particular sales guy or a particular dealer would be great. Please share. thanks.
  • Options
    fx30715,
    Congrats on your purchase. Looks like you got a very good deal. Can you please share if the $38.6 k on the RX330 included any registration fees, taxes, doc fees etc. ? thanks.
  • Options
    I picked up my new RX330 this past week. I worked with a Fort Worth dealer, and the transaction was VERY smooth.

MSRP $40,440
    Paid $37,000 (plus ttl)
    $3440 off MSRP.

I probably could have done a little better on price, but they didn't have the exact car (color, options) I wanted in stock so a dealer trade was done. Still, I was pleased with the price and the salesperson was great to work with. The only downside was--like at many dealers today--the finance guy spent a long time trying to convince me to lease instead of purchase, even after I told him I wasn't interested in a lease. Once we got passed that, Lexus Financial even beat my credit union interest rate.
    All in all, it was a good buying experience.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!

Jaymk
    got mine in dallas - premium package with 18' wheel, car lock mat and so on - NO HID or heated seats MSRP was 39,079 - more than 3500 off the MSRP or actually 900 over the invoice plus tt&l
  • Options
    fourizonlyfourizonly Member Posts: 17
    sciguy,

Can you e-mail me the salesperson's name? Please e-mail to keigo2000@cs.com

Thanks.
  • Options
    mkwhmkwh Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a new 330 in the Pacific Northwest. All cars are equipped with various packages decided upon by our regional dealers.

As far as I'm concerned, they're over-equipped. There are a few features I want, but they're lumped in with other features.

Has anyone negotiated price downward for installed but unwanted options? Has anyone saved significantly by placing a special order?

Thanks in advance!

M
  • Options
    ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    "Has anyone negotiated price downward for installed but unwanted options?"

If only it were that simple. I think Toyota Corp. buyers will continue to have unnecessary "extras" as long as Toyota/Lexus continues with the bundling of many desirable/undesirable options.
  • Options
    fmunoz1069fmunoz1069 Member Posts: 35
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a deal on a 330 fwd, w/premium pkg, 18"wheels,pwr l/g,rain-sensing wipers,wood grain wheel and knob, (I belive this is pretty common setup) I live in Orlando and will travel as far as GA. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck out there. It seems like most of the dealers out there are just giving $1500. off. Looking for input.
  • Options
    dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    If you're considering a lease there's an outfit in Texas that quoted me $35294 + TT&L for Prem.Pkg, 2WD, 18" wheels, power liftgate, wood and leather steering, tow pkg, rain-sensing wipers, mats, and wheel locks. They only do leases and will deliver to your door although delivery adds to the price depending on where you are (around $400 for me). He claims they do this nation-wide. I've got a deal in the works as soon as I sell my current Lexus.
         Since I've not done it yet, can't tell you about the buying experience, but I've checked them out and all seems legit. Quite a nice price on a $39,225 vehicle. He also has a lease factor under 4%. Quoted me $480 for 39mo if I pay the taxes. Not sure we can mention names here, but email me and I'll give you the details.
  • Options
    dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    Just checked my profile and noticed my email is listed as "private". Hum? I thought I changed that. At the moment we can't change Profile. I see at the top of the screen we can name names but no salesperson. Company is North Texas Auto Leasing. By far the best deal I've found, but no endorsement as I've not done the deal. Good luck.
  • Options
    ladyofluxuryladyofluxury Member Posts: 93
    Because if you are you can sympathize with us having ONE Lexus dealership around and it is Charles Barker Lexus, has anyone worked with them. Gotten good deals? What about the rest of VA, North Carolina and D.C area? I'm looking for the typical set up for our region, except I want FWD and not AWD, Premium Plus Package, 18'' wheels, wipers, etc. Not too interested in the towing package but seems there is no way around it. Has anyone found a 330 with the entertainment system? They seem to be nonexistent!
  • Options
    fx30715fx30715 Member Posts: 3
    the price 38,600 from the lexus of portland included license, title and fees, plus an insurance on the loan. The actual sales price was 38k.
  • Options
    bpraxisbpraxis Member Posts: 292
    Like yourself I also live in Orlando and as you know we only have one Lexus dealership. I understand there will be a second Lexus dealership opening in the not to distant future,

The largest Lexus dealership in the world is on Sample Rd in south Florida, ( Margate ), and has well over 200 RXs in stock now. They have a Japanese Rock Garden, a free bistro, miniture golf and other great features. Go to the Lexus website to get the name of the dealership. Edmunds policy forbids me from printing it here. They are very liberal in their discounting and I would target $500 to $1000 over invoice. That should translate into a $3500.00 discount and maybe more if you are a great negotiator. My goal would be a $4000.00 discount for a vehicle that has a MSRP of approximately $39,000.00 with the premium, wood, automatic liftgate, 18 inch wheels etc.

Please let me know how you do.
  • Options
    harleycaptainharleycaptain Member Posts: 2
    I received an internet quote of 36221.00 for msrp 39613.00 from bay area dealer. Took it to Sacramento dealer and it was cheerfully matched. I was amazed. I would have had no objection to traveling to the bay area to buy the car, but now will feel more comfortable bringing it to local dealer for service. Both dealerships were straightforward, courteous, informative and willing to deal. I feel fine about paying a grand over invoice for a car of this caliber and popularity. Bamboo Pearl with Gray Interior. Premium Plus with 18 inch wheels and mats and locks.
  • Options
    gotmea330gotmea330 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased our RX330 via the internet and getting the dealers to "out deal" each other via email. Using Edmunds, carsdirect.com and imotors.com I sent every dealer in the area what I wanted and then gave them my lowest price to make me a deal. 2/19/04 - walked away with a 2004 RX330 - sticker price of over $45,000 - 2FD/ Nav/DVD backseat entertainment/ Mark Levinson Stereo/ Heated Seats etc. package - out the door price including tax and license was $43,499.00 with a free key chain. I think we did okay and I couldn't be happier! White with ivory interior. Dealer was in Orange County - Lexus of Westminister. They sent an email saying - make an offer and I did and they gave it to me. I LOVE MY NEW CAR!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's ok to name the dealers; just not the salespeople. Thanks,

Steve, Host
  • Options
    ukulele2ukulele2 Member Posts: 21
    Has anyone have any experience in special ordering an RX? I have no luck finding one with the exact option I want. Will I be expecting to pay full sticker price or I can negotiate as usual?
  • Options
    bpraxisbpraxis Member Posts: 292
  • Options
    Lot of activities at that dealer - great features indeed.

I wonder who pays for all that stuff? :-)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    munimanmuniman Member Posts: 1
    Anyone out there with good experience with
    Lexus dealer in Central or South Jersey?
    Looking for RX330 AWD.
  • Options
    alolewisalolewis Member Posts: 36
    At Magnussen Lexus in Fremont California. an AWD, Premiun Plus, Navigation system, Towing package (less hitch) and a few other options that come "standard", $40603, MSRP $44133. This was with the Fleet dealer working through my credit union.
  • Options
    trs23trs23 Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a 2004 RX330 on Saturday in Chicago.
    McGrath Lexus on division / elston.

AWD
    Bamboo Pearl / Ivory
    Premium Plus
    18" Wheels
    Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    Tow Package
    Preferred Acessory Package (Cargo Mats / Wheel Locks)

Matched the carsdirect.com price of $38,219.

I had to pay tax, license plate etc on top of this.

Not a bad deal. We originally started with the costco price of $39,100 (at least that's what they told me)
  • Options
    rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    I own an RX with 45,000 miles, model year 2001 in mint condition. Based on anyone's experience what are dealers offering as the true value of the vehicle. It has most options except nav and is an all wheel drive vehicle with brand new tires.
  • Options
    elcybethelcybeth Member Posts: 3
    I just received a quote from a Lexus Dealer in Lexington, KY.

2004 RX 330 AWD
    Car MSRP: $36,575
    With the Premium Plus Package & Destination Charge - Total MSRP: $41,838
    Exterior Color: Neptune Blue Mica
    Interior Color: Ivory Leather Trim with Golden Bird's-Eye Maple

They will take $3000 off the $41,838 for a total of $38,838 before taxes and transfer.

It will have to be a dealer trade for the color but I still think this is a tad high.

Any opinions?
  • Options
    vincent7vincent7 Member Posts: 10
    $38,000 would be a fair deal for your car. Try for this figure and good luck to you. I have a RX330 in Neptune blue with the ivory interior. I use Zaino wax and you should see this car shine.
  • Options
    I own an RX with 45,000 miles, model year 2001 in mint condition. Based on anyone's experience what are dealers offering as the true value of the vehicle. It has most options except nav and is an all wheel drive vehicle with brand new tires.
  • Options
    gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Elcybeth, I have the exact color combo, Neptune Blue and Ivory/golden bird's eye, premium+, 18" wheels, tow pack, heated seats w/RS, pref. accessory pack, and cargo mat. I was able to get it in December 2003 for $37,600 before taxes. That is more than $4000 off MSRP, in No. Cal. Look up CarsDirect.com and see what they offer in your area. I think you can do better. Good luck!

Rparis, I don't know what your trade-in would be but this site and kbb.com offer trade-in values.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    I realize that the used car pricing is on this web site and others, however,I was wondering what people are actually receiving as there is a variation many times.
  • Options
    For another opinion, ask in Real-World Trade-In Values.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    rexusrexus Member Posts: 4
    I purchased an RX330 with Premium Plus and just the Nav.system with R/v camera.
    Sticker price: 41,963/ Invoice Price: 37,192
    Purchase price: 37,592
    Out-the-door-price including taxes and lic. fees:
    Trying to do the negotiation via emails works really well.
  • Options
    Could you please mention if the RX330 you got is a FWD/AWD?
  • Options
    docddsdocdds Member Posts: 8
    2004 RX 330 AWD White
    42 months
    12k miles
    premium package
    469.10 month
    due at signing:
    1. 795 bank fee (chase)
    2. 101 motor vehicle NJ
    3. 199 Doc fee
    4. 469.10 1st month
    Ray Catena Lexus Eatontown New Jersey
  • Options
    jonno1jonno1 Member Posts: 1
    trs23 - Can you let me know who you were dealing with at McGrath? We're looking to buy an identical spec from them in March, looks like you have a fair price.

Also how much were the lic and doc fees? were they reasonable or do I need to haggle with these?

thanks
  • Options
    vetpathologistvetpathologist Member Posts: 30
    I am interested in the exact same configuration - FWD with Navigation. What is included in the Premium plus package (option # 5 on lexus site?) with Nav. Details would greatly help others. Did you get the color you want?
    Thanks
  • Options
    gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Congratulations on an awesome deal! You did about $300 better than we did. We are also from the SF Bay Area, and back in December, we purchased a:
     Neptune Blue/Ivory
     AWD
     Premium Plus
     H/S
     R/S
     Preffered Accessory Pak
     18" wheels
     tow pak
     MSRP $41,688
     Purchase Price $37,600
     OTD Price $41,139
     from Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose, CA.
This discussion has been closed.