Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

1161718192022»

Comments

• apatryapatry Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a used 2002 Yukon Denali. I was the only driver last night about 8pm, got out of the car closed and locked it up. Today I got into my car about 3pm and it wouldnt start. I noticed that the tow/pull button light was on my dash. I turned that off. And then noticed my hazards were on. Pretty freaky seeing how I didnt turn either on last night before going inside the house. Once I turned them off the car started no problem. Had to reset all my times and date but has this happened to anyone else or do I assume that someone got into my car overnight and didnt take a thing just pushed those two buttons...??
  • daykellidaykelli Member Posts: 1

Seems we have a similar problem that many others are having with their Yukon Denali's. Ours is a 2008 and current battery is only 2 years old. Countless times the truck will be dead for no reason. It can be as simple as to going out to start it in the morning to leaving the key in the ignition to opening/closing the tailgate. Seems just crazy that a vehicle this costly should have this problem. I'm tired of carrying around my portable battery and wondering when the next time is that I'll have to jump it. It's in at the GMC dealership now and of course they called and said the battery needs replaced due to a bad cell (as they tell most people with the same problem). I told them that was not the underlying problem since we had these issues right after a new battery was installed when we bought it. They are checking things over again so we'll see what they have to say. I see that several commented that having the battery cables replaced which seemed to have helped. I just wish GMC would own up to their problems since obviously we are not the only ones!! I may have to go back to owning a foreign vehicle after all this...

• toastofwisdomtoastofwisdom Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4.3L V6 and have the same problem as the original thread has anyone found the cause of the problem. There are no check engine lights and I don't have the money to just drop on parts that won't fix the problem at hand. Witch is the over whelming smell of gas that comes and goes at any time  but is impossible to find.