Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Passenger Side Power Mirror Does Not Move (2000 Chevy Express Van)

indywar2indywar2 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in Chevrolet
My passenger side power mirror has stopped moving (from the control on the driver's side). How do I go about troubleshooting/fixing this? Does replacing the passenger side mirror fix this, or is there more to this repair? The vehicle is a 2000 Chevy Express van.

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think first thing I'd do is check the power mirror switch with a test light to make sure it is in fact sending a signal to the passenger side mirror. Presuming it is, then you'll have to remove the passenger side door panel, unplug the power mirror harness and once again test for a proper signal. If there is a signal, then yeah, the power mirror motor must be bad; but if there's no signal, then there must be a break between the switch and the mirror.

Here's a VIDEO that shows you how to get at the mirror, should that be necessary.
  • indywar2indywar2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. When you mention using a test light (I do not currently have one). Could a multi-meter be used instead?

Just for clarification:
    The driver's side power mirror does work with the switch/joystick(the same joystick is use to control the driver's side and the passenger's side, you just rotate it clockwise to operate the passenger's side mirror).

Thanks,
    Rob