Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Accord Touring Nav System Updates

oracle_of_rockoracle_of_rock Member Posts: 58
edited July 2015 in Honda
As a regular driver who vacations maybe a couple times each year, how important is updating the nav yearly? About a month ago, I received a mailing from Honda about updating before mid-July for about $100 or $150 after that date. Does that much info change to make this update absolutely necessary? Does the update include more tech features or just newer versions of the stuff already present on the system? Would every 2 or 3 years make more sense since that updates are already bit $$$?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I personally wouldn't pay that for a one-year update. In two years you could save enough to buy yourself one heck of a nice Garmin that comes WITH automatic updates.

But yeah, I know, the NAV in your car is nicely integrated with everything else and a Garmin isn't. Good point!

I suppose in one year's time you could come across an occasional new street or something that's now one-way that wasn't in 2014, or a business gone out of business, but if you're like me and many drivers, you don't entirely trust your NAV anyway. Some people tell me they did the update on their car and still get NAV errors.

Best advice I could offer is to see how often it gives wrong information...in other words, are you satisfied with what you have so far?