Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Acura RDX Extended Warranty

ninnh5ninnh5 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Acura
Hello

I just bought Acura RDX tech package and dealer sold me on extended warranty with a scare that it will cover any issues. I wanted to find out how other folks felt about buying extended warranty? I bought 8 year/100k Warranty on my new RDX. Any guidance is highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2015
    I run when these are pushed on me. To be frank over the years I took the money the EW cost and put it away to be used for these type of expenses.. To date I'm still money ahead
  • Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Huge money maker for the dealer. You just bought one of the most reliable makes out there. I'd get a refund.
  • Options
    tomas1614tomas1614 Member Posts: 5
    Do you actually plan upon keeping the car for EIGHT years? Also, why ask for guidance if you have already purchased the insurance?
  • Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Ya w
    tomas1614 said:

why ask for guidance if you have already purchased the insurance?

This one I've yet to figure out too!!!! GEZ

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    There is usually a grace period in which the extended warranty can be returned and the premium taken off the loan amount. So, OP can still decide against it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    speedy19speedy19 Member Posts: 71
    How much did you pay for the extended warrnaty?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315
    speedy19 said:

How much did you pay for the extended warrnaty?

You do realize you're responding to a post that is almost a year old ... :sunglasses:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4