Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

This Car Just Traveled 5,800 Miles Coast-to-Coast - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,046
edited August 2015 in Dodge
imageThis Car Just Traveled 5,800 Miles Coast-to-Coast - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds editors drove our long-term 2015 Dodge Viper GT on a 5,800-mile road trip across the country and back.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My suggestion for a topic: How often can you use the capabilities of a car like this as you cross the country? In other words, other than the curiosity value, was there a benefit to taking a Viper cross county as opposed to something in the same price range, like an Audi RS7?
  • subatomicsubatomic Posts: 140
    I am curious to know how the steering, shifter, clutch and suspension performed during the trip. Was the Viper a pleasure to drive or was it a burden to drive on various public roads?
  • snipenetsnipenet Posts: 11
    a good paste wax before the trip would have given a better impression of how the finish, wax and plastic performed on this street sweeper while also having some respect for the owners.
  • reminderreminder Posts: 383
    Any run-ins with The Law?
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    handbrake said:

My suggestion for a topic: How often can you use the capabilities of a car like this as you cross the country? In other words, other than the curiosity value, was there a benefit to taking a Viper cross county as opposed to something in the same price range, like an Audi RS7?

I would venture big money (if I had any) that the answer is no. Unless your trip includes a Bonneville top speed run there is nothing the Viper can do performance wise that the RS7 couldn't meet or exceed while getting better fuel economy and being vastly more comfortable.
  • +1 on the comments from @handbrake and @subatomic. When you're driving long distances on public roads and not flouting traffic laws too much, is this car still a good tradeoff of fun and comfort vs. luxury-sport tourers from Audi, BMW, Benz, Porsche, etc?
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    My usial question on these trips, how is the seat comfort? Not how comfortable the cat is, but specifically the seats. Over many years of long road trips I have found that seat comfort and trip enjoyment steer intrinsically linked.
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    Sigh, cell phone screens! That is car not cat. Not that I don't like cats. And "are" not steer. Not that I don't like steak!
  • I love this car, but OUCH!