Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cruise Control Offers Stealth Adjustment - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2015 in Volkswagen
imageCruise Control Offers Stealth Adjustment - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

The versatility of Edmunds's long-term 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI extends to the cruise control options.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Not a surprise. Essentially all cruise controls use Res and Set to increase or decrease the speed incrementally.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Overkill. Every car I've had does the RES/SET speed adjustments. If I want 5 more mph I just press RES 5 times and it's done.
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    I must say, that is a cool feature to +5 mph with one click..
  • Options
    boobylortezboobylortez Member Posts: 5
    Hold the phone! Did everyone breeze over the last sentence? Please, illustrate what it's like to pilot a GTI at 130 mph.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228

Hold the phone! Did everyone breeze over the last sentence? Please, illustrate what it's like to pilot a GTI at 130 mph.

If you look at the picture, he isn't doing 130 MPH. He is stopped. That's just the highest setting that it will take.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Random tangent but just in case anyone happens to be wondering about this, you can also set an Olds Intrigue to hold 105 mph as I've noted on the autobahn in Germany. Down side is that without the aptly named "Autobahn" package which was available on the early cars, the speed limiter was 106 mph. Not very fun when you go for that reserve to pass a slower moving motorist in a Skoda.
  • Options
    jakek66jakek66 Member Posts: 60
    A "Olds Intrigue"??? When were those made available outside of NA? The brand was not a international one. How did one get over there?

Also - the + and - buttons are placeholders for the new DAS system's controls which uses these buttons for it's radar functions.
  • Options
    socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    GM did brand the Alero as a Chevrolet for export to some Eastern European markets but it's correct the Intrigue was never sold in Europe. Like many other American cars, quite a few made it into Germany via US military personnel. It was kind of nice to pick up a large sedan without the poor reliability of on old 7er. :-)