Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Supercharging a 2004 Mustang?

nickg1811nickg1811 Posts: 1
edited August 2015 in Ford
I have just purchased a 2004 mustang and I love it so far. I was able to pick it up for $6k with 90k miles. I want to keep this car for many years and customize it and supercharger it but I'm new to the "car-world" and have no idea how to supercharge a car and how much it would cost and what it would particularly mean to supercharge a car. So what would be the best way to go about supercharging my mustang and what price would I be looking at? Thanks a ton and all help/comments will be very appreciated!

Answers

• rhinestonefuserhinestonefuse Posts: 74
    edited August 2015
    Five thousand dollars. The radiator, water pump, ignition components will all need to be replaced, too. Superchargng adds heat when under boost and you can't bolt a $3800 supercharger onto a 90,000 mile motor without making sure the mill is in top operating condition.

You'd be much better off (greater reward on you nvestment) adding a cold air intake, Xenon headlights, new tires and a $2000 stereo.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Putting a blower on an old engine is risky, and not cheap. I agree, you would be better off with a CAI + tuner kit + some other mods. SEE HERE for suggestions (I'm not endorsing these products, just giving you an idea of what's out there).

You won't get the power that a supercharger can deliver but you also won't run the risks of damaging your 90K mile engine. A supercharger or turbo will exploit any weakness the engine might have internally.