Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

New to car leasing

sanchezjessisanchezjessi Posts: 7
edited August 2015 in Volkswagen
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to leasing and have been browsing on the internet to prepare myself for the fine lines and dealer cost. I am having some trouble understanding the importantance of the MF and residual percent. If someone has the time and patience to explain in better detail how I can use these two number efficiently to help confirm my monthly cost I would greatly appreciate the help. I am planning on leasing a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 1.8T w/Conn (automatic trans) in Coconut Creek Florida from Gunther VW.I plan on putting 2k down at signing and hope to have a monthly payment below $150 for a 36month lease with 15k miles a year. If there are any pointers anyone would like to add that could assist me with negotiating or help me better understand how I can tell the difference from a good or bad deal would really make a difference as I said I am a first time leaser and am really trying to prepare myself before going into the dealership. 
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,595

Hello everyone. I am fairly new to leasing and have been browsing on the internet to prepare myself for the fine lines and dealer cost. I am having some trouble understanding the importantance of the MF and residual percent. If someone has the time and patience to explain in better detail how I can use these two number efficiently to help confirm my monthly cost I would greatly appreciate the help. I am planning on leasing a 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 1.8T w/Conn (automatic trans) in Coconut Creek Florida from Gunther VW.I plan on putting 2k down at signing and hope to have a monthly payment below $150 for a 36month lease with 15k miles a year. If there are any pointers anyone would like to add that could assist me with negotiating or help me better understand how I can tell the difference from a good or bad deal would really make a difference as I said I am a first time leaser and am really trying to prepare myself before going into the dealership. 

There are a number of good articles to be found here at Edmunds regarding leasing ...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4