Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Parking Lights will not turn off

dedallingdedalling Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in Chevrolet
I loaded a camper onto my 2004 Silverado. I had a problem with the camper connection and blew a fuse, which I replaced. Now, the camper clearance lights turn on and off normally with the switch on the dash, but the truck parking lights stay on. I cannot find any shorted wire, so I assume it is in the switch, Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• I pulled the three parking light fuses, front, right rear, left rear, and the lights are out. This leads me to believe it must be in a relay, because the switch should not likely control all three circuits directly; it must control a relay. Is that a plug-in relay in the fuse compartment under the hood?
  • I checked the relays that I could find and they are all open, so maybe it is the switch?
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,333
    Is the problem occurring while the camper is connected? Try disconnecting it and see if it goes away.
  • You are right! I unplug the power cable to the camper and the parking lights go out. SO, what does that tell you?
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,333
    That the camper and/or vehicle wiring harness are either not wired correctly, or there is some fault with the camper back-feeding power to the parking lights on the truck.
  • I found the camper plug was wired wrong, problem solved! Thank you very much! DD