Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you shopping for a new car and having a hard time finding what you want or did you recently buy a car but had to settle for something different than what you originally wanted? A reporter wants to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/22 for more info.

06 Chevy 2500 HD ac problem

o6chevyo6chevy Posts: 2
edited August 2015 in Chevrolet
I have an 06 chevy 2500 had and the ac blows Ice cold when I start my truck. But as soon as I hit the breaks it's starts to blow heat out of the driver side vents and it stays cold on the passenger vents. Any ideas?  

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,482
    Sounds like a vacuum leak that is affecting some vacuum-assisted component in the HVAC system, such as an actuator for a blend door, for instance. By "heat" I presume you mean warm ambient temperature air.
  • o6chevyo6chevy Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    @Mr_Shiftrightright no my dad first noticed it and I thought he meant just warm air but i have experienced it and it is actually blowing hot air almost like the heater is on full blast