Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Will Change the Way You Park - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited August 2015 in Acura
imageWill Change the Way You Park - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

When the driver shuts down the engine in the 2015 Acura TLX, the transmission is put in Park automatically.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I dunno, sounds neat, but given all of the controversy with the ignition push buttons, I'd be scared to death of accidentally pushing the button while driving. That being said, I don't think that pushing a "P" button is the way to park either, so...
  • give me a good ole column shifter I can just yank up till it stops and a key to pull out....

now, get off my lawn!
  • subatomicsubatomic Posts: 140
    I am curious to know how the TLX drives when compared to intended competitors like the 3-Series, A4, C-Class, etc. Does the SH-AWD system contribute to more neutral handling? How does the NVH compare to the competition? Inquiring minds want to know....
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Posts: 878
    edited August 2015
    Still prefer the old fashioned shifters. My favorite is the ones that only have PRND and a manual mode to the side, no separate 321 selections and no gated shifters. Still not a fan of column mounted shifters but they do work well in trucks by saving lots of space.
  • cracknutcracknut Posts: 17
    In my Touareg I regularly turn off the car in neutral so that I can push into inch perfect position in my garage. Probably a rare use case but it's good to have the flexibility. What if the Acura needed to be moved while off? Is there a tow or emergency mode?
  • sharpendsharpend Posts: 177
    The Ferrari 458 also has the auto Park feature. Makes it ridiculously easy to drive this car.
  • Our i3 has a little too much shunt if you do not put the vehicle into Park before powering off. I am not so sure not placing cars in P is that great of an idea.