Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Fusion Energi Lease Questions

decker12decker12 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Ford
It's been a rough week educating myself on how leases are calculated. Once I think I have a handle on it, I'll get a quote from a dealer that I can't quite figure out the numbers for. I'm hoping to get some help from this forum as to how close of a decent deal I'm getting on 2015 Fusion Energis for 36m / 10k / 0 down with everything due at signing rolled into the lease.

I'm not against paying anything upfront, but it seems to make as much sense as putting a down payment, ie if my car gets stolen I'm out anything I put down, so I just rolled it all into the lease.

RV is 45% according to the other thread on the Edmunds forums, for the most part I can't tell what lease rate they're offering. 8.75% sales tax for where I live in the SF Bay Area.

Every other dealer has been over $335 / month, some as high as 375/month. However one is at $320 / month right now. That car has a MSRP of 36420. I fiddled with the lease calculator and I just can't tell how he got it so low which makes me nervous.

It's been a frustrating experience getting info from the 10 Ford dealerships within 50 miles of me. I'm frankly amazed at how unresponsive they are and how many times I have to ask them all for the same information.

Anyone able to confirm what they would consider a good deal on this 2015 Fusion Energi?

Comments

• decker12decker12 Member Posts: 2
    Today one of the front runners dropped his price on 12k miles down to 307. Another dealer that I contacted once at the very beginning of my search contacted me out of the blue and offered 305, however the colors and extras weren't as good as the previous one. All other dealers "final offer" has been over 330, so I'm still cautious.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    decker12 said:

Today one of the front runners dropped his price on 12k miles down to 307. Another dealer that I contacted once at the very beginning of my search contacted me out of the blue and offered 305, however the colors and extras weren't as good as the previous one. All other dealers "final offer" has been over 330, so I'm still cautious.

At some point, you have to get in front of the F&I person, and sign the papers.. Just make sure it's for the right car, right term/mileage and right amount of money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator