Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Broken overhead console and Airbag light

km_2828km_2828 Posts: 2
edited September 2015 in Kia
Hi,

Few weeks ago I purchased a 2009 Sedona with 118k miles.

We accidentally broke the overhead console, and, as a result, the interior lights and the power sliding door buttons no longer work (doors open/close only with key FOB). Additionally, the Air Bag light came on. I am really concerned about the airbag light, but I am not sure if these could be related to the broken console. Any help/advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,137
    Looking at service information the relationship isn't clear. This is where the trouble codes would help get a sense of direction, but the possibility of a communication failure between some of the modules is pretty high. You need to get codes form all of the modules that will communicate and post them, then I can look further.
  • MickeyDrivesAKiaMickeyDrivesAKia PhoenixPosts: 1
    I am now having EXACLTY the same issue - ALL symptoms are identical and there are no other issues.
    km_2828, please let me know what the solution was for this.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I think cardoc (above your post) gave you a hint as to the next step. Since so many modules communicate with each other through the BUS, your diagnosis has to center on what might be interfering with what.

I presume you've done due diligence and checked all your fuses, grounds and fusible links?