Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Silverado Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    uncrx2003uncrx2003 Member Posts: 1
    Does GM allow both rebates and 0% financing? The dealers are telling me that GM does not allow them to give both rebates and 0% financing. I wonder if more aggressive rebates will be available this July.
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    10000 off msrp is around the deal you want on a 30k plus truck. More on a 40k. Whatever the value of the financing (3-7000+ depending on your credit and the amount) you want it to be 10k+ off msrp. 6000 off msrp and 0% is nothing to write home about on an average truck unless your credit is nicked. The market for these vehicles is horrible.

good luck
    --jjf

Does GM allow both rebates and 0% financing? The dealers are telling me that GM does not allow them to give both rebates and 0% financing. I wonder if more aggressive rebates will be available this July.
  • Options
    hotrod1965hotrod1965 Member Posts: 21
    Sometimes I have seen both 0% and a rebate. But the rebate is usually only 1 to 2K.
    I think the deals will get better in July, but they quit making 08's already, so you make not get the truck you want in July. GM closed 4 plants, so I would guess that deals are not going to be any better next year, because they have cut production.
    In July, you might be able to get GMS pricing plus $5 to 6K in rebates depending on the model.
  • Options
    crewcabbcrewcabb Member Posts: 13
    As of rite now,it's either one or the other for the month of June,I just heard from a salesman that they have just offered more incentives to do a deal,so I will go and listen and see what they have come up with.
  • Options
    asylum575asylum575 Member Posts: 72
    There's plenty of inventory out there, especially the crew cabs. I've even seen several 2007s out there. Called a dealer about two months ago about a 4WD Ext W/T, white with the Flex fuel 5.3 and towing package. Sticker was about $29000, invoice was about $26000. His price was $26800. Called again today and he's at $26200. This is an 07 not 08 or 09.
    I'd like to wait for the Hybrid. 6.0/6spd giving 16/20 sounds good. I bet the premium on the hybrid technology will be $8-10000.
  • Options
    sleukemsleukem Member Posts: 22
    There's plenty of inventory out there, especially the crew cabs. I've even seen several 2007s out there. Called a dealer about two months ago about a 4WD Ext W/T, white with the Flex fuel 5.3 and towing package. Sticker was about $29000, invoice was about $26000. His price was $26800. Called again today and he's at $26200. This is an 07 not 08 or 09.
    I'd like to wait for the Hybrid. 6.0/6spd giving 16/20 sounds good. I bet the premium on the hybrid technology will be $8-10000.

At one time, Chevy was running a $5,000 rebate(if memory serves me) on the 2007's. Is this still in effect?????

That would be nice because there is a 2007 2500 4X4 I have my eye on.
  • Options
    dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    Oh to have my 07 classic back. Bought a new 2008 LB just a few weeks back. Was told OnStar account would not be activated by the dealership. It was and now Onstar says I can't cancel in the first year, only the dealership can. Worst automotive customer service I have ever experienced.

Beware of buying a GM, if you don't like OnStar, you personally don't have the right to cancel it on a vehicle that you own.
  • Options
    just recieved some calls from some dealers, they are trying to get rid of some inventory in this area and now are offering up to 10 grand off pickups ,I will have to see which ones ,you know how they advertise,LOL
  • Options
    But ,isn't it free for the first year anyways????
  • Options
    No, they probably aren't the usual teasers. If you look up a used 07 version of the 30 or 40 grand pickup you are looking at via kbb.com or nada.com it probably has a trade in value at least 15-18000 under msrp. That may be optimistic as some dealers aren't even taking suv's and pickups as trades for an unreasonably low price.
    The 10k off may not be that attractive of a deal.

For the guy looking at the 07 2500, if you look up the trade in value of the truck (40k msrp?) used with 16000 miles on it it probably trades for 18000 off list. 8000 off msrp and 0% would be a joke in that instance for the new (2 year old) one.

For the 30k and up vehicles you are looking at 9-10k+ off msrp and 0%/60mo for those with good credit. 13k+ off for self finance. More for the 40k msrp vehicles.

A relative's 07 31000 msrp trailblazer (purchased around 23000) 4wd has a kbb trade in value of 13700. Edmunds and nada have it at 17000, but he can't even trade it for the 13700 number. Yes the market is falling that fast and numbers vary that much.

In 5 months there will be fewer 09's produced and a ton of new 08's and 1 and 2 year old trades sitting on lots Will you be able to buy a used low mi 07 33k msrp silverado, for 16k or less OTD? Possibly.

Good luck
    --jjf

just recieved some calls from some dealers, they are trying to get rid of some inventory in this area and now are offering up to 10 grand off pickups ,I will have to see which ones ,you know how they advertise,LOL
  • Options
    For the guy looking at the 07 2500, if you look up the trade in value of the truck (40k msrp?) used with 16000 miles on it it probably trades for 18000 off list. 8000 off msrp and 0% would be a joke in that instance for the new (2 year old) one.

jfritsch,

The MSRP on the 2007 Chevy 2500 I'm looking at is $31,863. The dealership is telling me $24,863. I think they can do a heck of a lot better!!!!! They have a row of 2008 2500 chevy's so I don't know why they don't want to deal on this 2007.

Do you know if the $5,000 rebate still applies to the 2007 leftovers???
  • Options
    I have no idea. You can look at the incentives page on edmunds, but may be so much hidden dealer cash now and especially end of july and august, the published #'s will mean little. Dealers love to work the scattered leftovers for more or almost the same as newer cars. (to people specifically obsessing for a leftover or demo for a "deal").

You are smarter though. After requesting 10-20+ '08 bids via email (chevy website) and working the top 3 against one another for a 9-11k+ off deal last week of the month, if you give your 07 guy the opportunity to sell it to you for 12-14k+ off and he declines, you know what to do. If you have 2 dealers 50 miles away who want to sell you the same 08 truck for 10k+ off msrp, and the 07 guy won't beat that by much, the published rebate is pretty meaningless isn't it?

Seriously, I haven't looked up the trade in value of a 31k 07 truck like the one you are looking at with avg miles but I doubt if it exceeds 17k on kbb. And most people may not be able to get 15 for it.

With a ton of used 1 and 2 year old trade in's competing with the remaining 08's and the fewer 09's produced, Mid to end of July and August should be a shooting gallery.

Good luck
    --jjf
    Ii>jfritsch,

The MSRP on the 2007 Chevy 2500 I'm looking at is $31,863. The dealership is telling me $24,863. I think they can do a heck of a lot better!!!!! They have a row of 2008 2500 chevy's so I don't know why they don't want to deal on this 2007.

Do you know if the $5,000 rebate still applies to the 2007 leftovers???
  • Options
    I have no idea. You can look at the incentives page on edmunds, but may be so much hidden dealer cash now and especially end of july and august, the published #'s will mean little. Dealers love to work the scattered leftovers for more or almost the same as newer cars. (to people specifically obsessing for a leftover or demo for a "deal").

You are smarter though. After requesting 10-20+ '08 bids via email (chevy website) and working the top 3 against one another for a 9-11k+ off deal last week of the month, if you give your 07 guy the opportunity to sell it to you for 12-14k+ off and he declines, you know what to do. If you have 2 dealers 50 miles away who want to sell you the same 08 truck for 10k+ off msrp, and the 07 guy won't beat that by much, the published rebate is pretty meaningless isn't it?

Seriously, I haven't looked up the trade in value of a 31k 07 truck like the one you are looking at with avg miles but I doubt if it exceeds 17k on kbb. And most people may not be able to get 15 for it.

With a ton of used 1 and 2 year old trade in's competing with the remaining 08's and the fewer 09's produced, Mid to end of July and August should be a shooting gallery.

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks for the info! You are very knowledgeable. As for the rebate, I asked about it because Edmunds had that it was, "up to $5,000." I didn't have a clue what that meant. You are right about the rebate being meaningless if another dealer will sell me a 2008 for about the same price.

Thanks again!

JM
  • Options
    dukebludukeblu Member Posts: 18
    Who cares if it is free, its an intrusive software virus that is constantly interacting with my truck, has made the buying experience horribe. Was told when I bought it, would not be activated, Now I'm told I don't have the right t cancel it. Have bought 14 vehicles and by far the worst experience. GM has gone from first to worst on my list.
  • Options
    notracinnotracin Member Posts: 8
    Well take a baseball bat and beat your truck up.
  • Options
    nyaudinyaudi Member Posts: 25
    Short story - we are getting a Tacoma buy-out for frame damage at 150% of KBB so we're in the market for a new truck. Obviously I'm starting at Toyota as boy did they exceed my expectations to make this right - they are paying me $4000 more than I paid for my '98 truck 5 years and 40K miles ago. Toyota is offering about $5K below invoice on the Tundra - $6500 if I register to business. Not bad I think. I mentioned that I'd be checking out domestics too. They were a bit let down and said the domestics would do better on price, and were selling why they were better, yada yada yada

Stopped by a local dealer - in short, I was very under-whelmed. The offer at "supplier pricing" was about $5K below MSRP. They also pointed out that if I had a GM, I could have gotten another $2K off, but I didn't, so too bad. I made it clear they were thousands above the Tundra - they more or less shrugged and I went on my way.

I have to admit, I liked the Silverado. Nicer interior, nicer ride - and if this 4-cyl mode is to believed, the mileage potential sounds great. Main drawback was no dual-zone climate until much higher trim levels and no pass-through windows on any I saw - that has been handy for us. I also suspect depreciation will be faster.

I'm tempted to buy my first domestic auto ever - I would think that Chevy would be bending over backwards to "convert" an import buyer like myself. But that was not at all my feeling today - I was very disappointed as I expected a fire-sale comparable to what I saw on the Tundras. Dealer readily admitted they weren't selling trucks.

So what's the secret? I know people are trading these in for next to nothing and there is no good market for these, so I either expect to see the new model prices slashed substantially or have some great deals on 1-2 year old models that came back in trade for $18-$20K.
  • Options
    hotrod1965hotrod1965 Member Posts: 21
    I've known many who have either worked for GM or worked at a dealer. So here's what they tell me about prices. GM basically tells the dealer what they can sell a vehicle for. If it has a sticker of 30K, and invoice of 28K, the dealer needs to have permission from GM to sell it for less than 28K and still make a proffit. (usually in the form of rebates, GMS price,or supplier price). If they sold it for less than 28K, they would lose money.
    So in the dealers defense, they are not the problem in giving you a deal. If they could without losing money, I'm sure they would love to knock 10-12K off the price of a new truck.
    If you can wait, I would wait until the 5k in rebates were for everyone, not just GM loyalty.
    Also, email around to a bunch of dealers, because you may find better prices on trucks that have been sitting around for a while or have special savers packs on them.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I should look at F-series as well... seems like Ford recognizes they have to do something drastic if they want to make room for the 2009s.

I'm really surprised Toyota is coming out so aggressively on price relative to GM. My understanding going in was that Tundra is a great truck but expect to pay for it. If the actual price is less than the domestics, this is not going to be good for GM.
  • Options
    If you look up a used 07 version of the new 08 you are thinking of buying it probably has a trade in value of 14000 or more off msrp, whether Tundra or Domestic.(msrp in the 35000+ range.) The 14000 figure is probably low, despite what the books say. All the 20 mpg trucks are slow, the Tundra too. The domestics have more brand loyalty.

This is an unusual period in auto history where a major marketing procedure for Domestics, (less so for foreign) is coming to an end. All the profits the domestics made was in trucks. They lost or broke even on most cars. The $4.00 price point has driven most drivers batty (about where research firms predicted it would) with an unprecedented dumping of 20 mpg trucks, many under 3 years old, mainly in the last 5 months (a compressed period of time). Tundras and titans are the least of their problems (not many made compared to U.S. Manufacture). Japanese producers also don't rely on trucks for most of their profit.

Tons of trades, leftover 08's and god help them, formerly popular trucks coming off 24-36 month leases with the 09's coming out.

Jesus you start even thinking about a new 08 at 10k off. Consider start of bidding used trucks considerably below kbb trade in for a retail sale.

Good luck
    --jjf

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I should look at F-series as well... seems like Ford recognizes they have to do something drastic if they want to make room for the 2009s.

I'm really surprised Toyota is coming out so aggressively on price relative to GM. My understanding going in was that Tundra is a great truck but expect to pay for it. If the actual price is less than the domestics, this is not going to be good for GM.
  • Options
    So far, I'm not seeing quite that much desperation locally - but that was why I decided to look at full-size. I only drive my truck ~3000 miles/year so I can afford the gas and capitalize on the situation if I really see these go at fire sale prices. But as you note, the industry is changing, and I think the big 3 are finally doing the smart thing - cutting supply to support price. So this will eventually work itself out and re-establish a more normal equilibrium, particularly if the speculation bubble in oil bursts, but the next few months seem like a great window of opportunity.

An 07 Tundra similar to what I was quoted $22K on for an 08 (about $9-10K below MSRP) works out to about $21,700 on trade-in according to Edmunds. I doubt someone would really get $21,700, but seems like $9-$10K off is about as good as it's going to get for the moment.

It is definitely an odd time to be looking - I'm not sure where all the cheap trade-ins are piling up yet, but they must be building pressure. And I don't need to buy right away, so may give this until Jul/Aug when pressure builds more.

The most comical pricing I've seen was on last gen Tundras - Toyota dealers are asking for $22-$25K on 05/06 Tundras from previous generation. So once again, if I go used for a Toyota truck, it's going to have to be 3rd party... Toyota dealers seem to think their used cars are made of gold at $1000/ounce :-)
  • Options
    All dealers think their cars are worth 1000/ounce. This is a valuable machine you have here.. you don't think we will part with it for nothing? ;)

BTW just for kicks check the value on kbb.com and nada.com. Edmunds is frequently the most generous (of an already generous for trucks) bunch on trade in value.

Good luck
    --jjf

The most comical pricing I've seen was on last gen Tundras - Toyota dealers are asking for $22-$25K on 05/06 Tundras from previous generation. So once again, if I go used for a Toyota truck, it's going to have to be 3rd party... Toyota dealers seem to think their used cars are made of gold at $1000/ounce
  • Options
    pawngodpawngod Member Posts: 4
    08 gmc sierra denali awd sticker was 42,500 i got it for 34,225
    i only have about 1000 miles on it sofar...so good.....gas mileage is a bit depressing at 14.4 mpg i have averaged. anyone know how to remove front license bumper holder??
  • Options
    gnp96gnp96 Member Posts: 4
    Hey where did you score that deal? City, State and do they still have deals like that??? I am looking for something like that with the 0% financing deal as well.
  • Options
    pawngodpawngod Member Posts: 4
    i got mine at bob howard in edmond oklahoma...i found it on the internet ...my buddy sells cars and i asked him how i could get the best deal...he said....just tell em. i want a car at invoice...i wanna see the invoice and i want to retain all applicable rebates......i got a call a few days later and he said..i can get you this denali for 34,225.00 and i said...i am on my way....they are very nice trucks...i love it....you cannot keep the rebates and get zero financing..so i went with a low interest loan to keep the rebates
  • Options
    gnp96gnp96 Member Posts: 4
    what is your monthly payment out the door without putting anything down? and what interest rate did you get?
  • Options
    huskyhaulerhuskyhauler Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to be in the market shortly for a new Silverado 3500 HD diesel, crewcab LTZ 4x4.
    There's no trade in, I'll be self financing - and I'm moving from overseas, so dealer location is not an issue.

How much do you think I should be able to get a new truck for in those circumstances?
  • Options
    I would want 10k off anything around 40k just to start. With the number of used 06s 05s and 07s on the market from massive trades and lease turn ins I'd try there too. If an 07 wholesales used (trade in) on kbb.com at 17000 I would be looking to pay 16000 or less retail. The market is that bad for these. I don't know if the books will catch up (with the price drops) in the next few months or not. (They theoretically should) For a specialty truck like the 3500 the market may not be that bad.

Good luck
    --jjf

I'm going to be in the market shortly for a new Silverado 3500 HD diesel, crewcab LTZ 4x4.
    There's no trade in, I'll be self financing - and I'm moving from overseas, so dealer location is not an issue.

How much do you think I should be able to get a new truck for in those circumstances?
  • Options
    rdestrywrdestryw Member Posts: 2
    MSRP $43k - 0% 72 months with payment of $550/month = $39.6k purchase price. Is this a bad deal? From what I've read in this forum people are getting way below MSRP - is this so with 0% financing as well? Is a price at invoice a decent deal or is the market just so bad for new trucks now that I should find a dealer who will go lower?

Dealer was vague and wouldn't give specifics on invoice price or lease incentives! The truck is smokin' and I almost bought it until the salesman wanted to tell me how they weren't making money ... this and that ... and so finally I told him I was done and walked out and he started mouthing! I was thinking about getting in touch with his manager and letting them know that as a previous customer at that dealership I am extremely disappointed and want a hot deal. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    You would need an interest rate calculator to calculate the savings of a 0% loan for 72 months on 30k. Provided your credit is good I presume this would be about 6000. In that case your deal would be about 10k off msrp which would be an average to mediocre deal. If your credit is below average that may be a better deal.

Solicit bids via email (chevy website) from about 20+ dealers within a 100-200 mi radius of your home last week of the month. Give Model, acceptable color(s) options and approx msrp. The more flexible you are the better. Work with the one out of 8-10 or so who need to deal end of month. Work with the 2-4 finalists. If you want to have them compete on payment with 0% then work that in.

Good luck
    --jjf

MSRP $43k - 0% 72 months with payment of $550/month = $39.6k purchase price. Is this a bad deal? From what I've read in this forum people are getting way below MSRP - is this so with 0% financing as well? Is a price at invoice a decent deal or is the market just so bad for new trucks now that I should find a dealer who will go lower?

Dealer was vague and wouldn't give specifics on invoice price or lease incentives! The truck is smokin' and I almost bought it until the salesman wanted to tell me how they weren't making money ... this and that ... and so finally I told him I was done and walked out and he started mouthing! I was thinking about getting in touch with his manager and letting them know that as a previous customer at that dealership I am extremely disappointed and want a hot deal. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    Seeing as they pull any rebates to "give" you the 72 months- figure that in. Invoice at 72 months would be a better yardstick. Let them fight over the deal.

As far as the product- plenty out there now- very low miles USED- 07 and 08. Check on cars.com and do a search. You'll see what I mean.

Same truck I looked at new for 15 and 16k comes in at 12-13k used. Most GM certified.
  • Options
    Finally pulled a good deal ,I hope on a"08" Chevrolet Silverado CrewCab LT 1 with the Texas Edition package ,Invoice 33,100.00 ,with rebates,$6000.00 and got him to come off the price of the vehicle $4100.00 , so I walked out of there at $23,000.00 plus TTL. I got a interest rate of 4.75% thur my credit union. What do ya'll think,good deal or just a deal??
  • Options
    Was $33100 the invoice or the MSRP. Was the $4100 the dealer discount and the $6000 the rebates. If so, sounds pretty good. GMS pricing is usually around %10 off sticker. On a $33100 truck, that's $3300. Could be more if the $33100 was the invoice, which would put the sticker somewhere around $36-36500. Either way, a $4100 dealer discount would be very, very good. The rebates are a little fuzzy right now. When I check Chevy's site, they have the rebates at $3000. The 0$ for 72 months is a good deal, but I get $3.95% from my credit union, so I would go with the rebate. GM card redemption allowances haven't gone up yet.
    Still on the hunt.
  • Options
    irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    total crew cab cash right now is $5k (2k + $3k bonus). only the tahoe and suburban are at $6k rebate. so yes you got a very good deal - dealer came off MSRP over $5k....

but you could have done better on the rate with GMAC - 2.9% for 60mos still... much better taking this rate and $5k off rather than $0 rebates and 0% of 72mos....

it is killing me that GM hasnt upped the redemption allowances on the trucks for $3k or more....i m sitting on over $5k in earnings and damned if i am going to only take $1500 for the suburban...i m happy with $11k off MSRP (rebates + dealer discount) but really need at least $3k in GM earnings to pull the trigger and "help" GM with a sale this month or next.....
  • Options
    I'm sitting on $4000 of GM dollars and hoping for bigger rebates. Still waiting. There's alot of inventory out there.
  • Options
    dppd1511dppd1511 Member Posts: 4
    Currently, I am negotiating on a 2008 Silverado, Regular Cab, LT1 Option. The MSRP is listed at $25,730. At this point, I have received a quote of $20,495 for the truck from a local dealership. Do you think it is reasonable to try and get this truck for under $20k?
  • Options
    Discounts on these trucks seem to be about 10% + rebates. So $2500 + 2000 rebate adds up to 4500 off or $21230. $20495 sounds good. The rebates on the ext and crew are $5000.
  • Options
    bman6bman6 Member Posts: 1
    Shopped about 20 dealers online. Only 1 or 2 willing to compete or even respond to lower offers. Looking at a loaded 4x4 Crew Cab MSRP$ 43,545. Best offer now is about $4200 off sticker before current $5k rebate. Lowest offer dealer says if they could go lower they would. Haven't compared it to recent employee pricing annoucement yet.

How do I get a better deal and what should I expect w/ interest rates and combining 0% WITH rebates if possible? Is that EVER possible?

Should I wait till next week and see if GM ups the incentive for August? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    torchetorche Member Posts: 2
    Dealer offered $29,000 Out the door. Any thoughts??

SILVERADO 1500 2WD CREW CAB LT2
    VORTEC 5.3L V8 GAS ENGINE W/ ACTIVE FUEL MGT TECHNOLOGY
    4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
    Victory Red
    Ebony
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $38,059.00
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $31,840.00

Options installed by Manufacturer
    AM/FM STEREO W/CD/DVD/MP3

LT2 CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
    REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER
    HEATED WINDOW WASHING FLUID
    OSRV MIRROR W/DRIVER SIDE
    AUTO DIMMING, PWR FOLD & ADJ,
    HEAT, TURN SIGNAL
    UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE

TOWING PACKAGE:
    HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
    LOCKING REAR DIFFERENTIAL

LEATHER APPOINTED SEATING

WHEEL CONTENT CREDIT

20" MACHINED ALUMINUM WHEEL

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM
    W/BOSE PREMIUM SPEAKER SYSTEM
    AND REAR AUDIO CONTROLS

SILVERADO LT2 EQUIPMENT GROUP:
    FRONT BUCKET SEATS W/POWER
    DRIVER/PASS SEAT ADJUSTERS
    STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS
    POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS
    ISRV MIRROR W/AUTO DIMMING,
    COMPASS, TEMPERATURE
    DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS
    REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE
    FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.

GVW RATING - 6,800 LBS

REAR AXLE - 3.73 RATIO

TOTAL OPTIONS $5,319.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $37,159.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $900.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $38,059.00
    CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
    NET PRICE $38,059.00
  • Options
    tripper0567tripper0567 Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to trade in a 2006 EXT 4x4 1500 Silverado w/30k on it for the exact same truck new. When talking w/ 2 different dealers, I think that they are subtracting the rebate value of the value of my trade in which seems like a rip off. My truck is flawless and books out just around 20k for trade-in value. The dealerships will only give me 15k to trade. So my trade in difference is still 11.5k. Is this really the best deal I can get. Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Be glad you are sharp enough to see it.
    We have a dealer in town with "Up Front Pricing" that changes his prices like the wind when the rebate structure changes. What was 14.9k in Winter jumped to 16.9k when the loyalty money hit on the low end trucks.

And like you, trying to buy a new 08 truck to replace my 05 found me battling the same mentality. They'll sell a new truck cheap, but they won't give beans for the trade-in truck. KBB Online and the like have dumped their trade in structures to reflect "the market" as well. No ammo there.
    And yet, go to a Used Lot, and the asking prices are pretty much still "up there".
    And thats why I'm still driving my 05. I really don't need that 08 that badly. And apparently, a lot of other people feel the same way.
  • Options
    chevyfan1969chevyfan1969 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a 2008 model Vortec Max 4x4 ext. cab with the 6.0 liter engine and pretty much same options as the one you have listed for $28559. Mine had a MSRP of $38099. You're in the ballpark, but the 09's are about to come out and they should be willing to do better on a 2 year old truck.
  • Options
    rdestrywrdestryw Member Posts: 2
    Leather, nav, sunroof, rear slider, nerf bars, delear located. MSRP $43,290. Out the door $32,482, after receiving $14.5k for 2005 silverado trade, about $1300 more than payoff. Love the truck, feel like I got a good deal although I realize didn't get squat for trade. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    If you are happy with the new truck that's all that matters.

Your new truck obviously had enough margin to cover the trade-in book value of the 05. Those values are in the dumper.

Best of Luck with your new vehicle

2door (still plodding down the freeway in my 25 mpg 05)
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I am going to wait until October/November and see how the deals are lining up then. There seems to be a bunch of 08 extended cabs and 4 doors sitting on every lot I've seen. Most places you can pick your color and cab size. If people haven't bought them up yet with the rebates, I can't imagine that the deals won't get better. Lots of real estate eatin up by these silverado trucks sitting. If the dealers would only be reasonable, they'd move more.
  • Options
    Rebates for August haven't changed. They are the same through 8/19. That's probably when the 09s will start showing up. This may push the rebates. When the new model year start showing up is when the GMcard changes redemption allowances. I guess I'll wait for a change in redemption allowances.
  • Options
    And if thats what the rebates are for now, so be it. I'm pretty much resolved to drive the 05 through the next winter and see where things line up.
    Both trucks that I had test driven back in March/April are still sitting on their respective lots.
    So far, the rebates/financing has been nothing but a shell game.
  • Options
    I spoke to a different dealer earlier in the week on a trade deal for the same truckl. His number came is about the same in the mid 11k range to trade. He told me that GM did some direct mail coupons for 2k and asked me if I have received one. I said no. He said he would check their data base and see if I had been mailed one. The he called me back and said that my name was not it the data base. He also said if I was a member of Farm Bureau, he could take $750 off, but could not stack the deals, can only use one.

Have you heard of the direct mail rebates for 2K. If you can slap that on after you come to an agreement on the trade allowance, it would make it pretty affordable? I don't know how one get's into their data base. You would think buying a truck in the past would qualify.
  • Options
    I don't know how those data bases are formed.
    I buy a new truck (or used to) every 3 years like clockwork. You'd think somebody would know that in some database.

2K would sweeten the deal enough ....provided the dealer doesn't try to cash in on it like other incentives.
  • Options
    slisstudentslisstudent Member Posts: 40
    I received one of these direct mail certificates. Well, actually the certificate is in the name of a family member who formerly resided here.

The certificate states that "this offer may be transferred only to individuals residing in the same household (same address) as the eligible recipient noted on this certicate (FL, TX, and CA residents must show proof of residency)...."

The certificate further states that "This offer is not offered to the general public."

Excludes: Aveo, Cobalt, Corvette Z06; Pontiac G5; Saturn ASTRA; hybrids; and medium-duty trucks.

Oh, the certificate is valid 07/14/08 thru 09/15/08.
  • Options
    bjacksonbjackson Member Posts: 6
    What is everyone's assessment of the following deal:

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Texas Edition (5.3l engine).

MSRP = $35,375.00

Negotiated Price incl. $5000 rebate (not incl. TT&L) = $26,357.00

Basically $9,018.00 off MSRP including the $5000 GM rebate.

Dealer is also giving Kelly Blue Book value on 2001 Ford F150 trade-in.

Out the door = $23,446.94

How does this compare with everyone else's experience? Should I be able to do better or is this a good deal?