Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura Lease Questions

mevans6453mevans6453 Member Posts: 4
edited September 2015 in Acura
Looking for some help on an Acura TLX 4 cylinder base lease w/ 10k miles. I used the Ride with G Auto Lease Calculator, but for some reason it is not calculating the same figures as Acura is giving me. So here is what I have, straight from the print out from the dealer:

MSRP $32,365
Selling Price $29,500
Acquisition Fee $595
Adjusted Cap Cost $30,095 (i guess the acquisition fee gets rolled back up?)
Lease Rate .00056
Lease Term 36 Months
Base Monthly Rental $324.29
Total Taxes $753.27
Monthly Used Tax $19.46 6%
Total Monthly Payemtn $343.75
Windows: Ann Fees: $250
Initial Fees: $880.45
Tax on Fees: $52.71

Drive off Cash $1,526.91

So, really what I'm looking for is, are these numbers right? Do you figure the same payment? Am I better off going to the V6 with the Tech? Seems like people are getting better deals on those. For a 4 cylinder with no tech I was expected to be closer to $300 with no money down. Just wanted to double check against other peoples deals before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

Looking for some help on an Acura TLX 4 cylinder base lease w/ 10k miles. I used the Ride with G Auto Lease Calculator, but for some reason it is not calculating the same figures as Acura is giving me. So here is what I have, straight from the print out from the dealer:

MSRP $32,365
    Selling Price $29,500
    Acquisition Fee $595
    Lease Rate .00056
    Lease Term 36 Months
    Total Taxes $753.27

Drive off Cash $1,526.91

So, really what I'm looking for is, are these numbers right? Do you figure the same payment? Am I better off going to the V6 with the Tech? Seems like people are getting better deals on those. For a 4 cylinder with no tech I was expected to be closer to $300 with no money down. Just wanted to double check against other peoples deals before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

Mike

.00056 MF and 60% residual. $1500 dealer lease cash.
    The monthly payment is exactly right, given the variables.

Since the acquisition fee is in the CAP cost and the payment, I'd want to know what the $250+$880 in fees are for... Title/registration? What else?

So.... work on the selling price. Given the $1500 incentive on this car, they are only discounting it $1365.
    Also... ask about the fees.. If anything in there is non-government, then that's just an increase in the selling price. Given the upfront tax on fees, I'd guess there is around $800 or more of padding, because government fees aren't taxable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

MSRP $32,365
    Selling Price $29,500
    Acquisition Fee $595
    Lease Rate .00056
    Lease Term 36 Months
    Total Taxes $753.27

Drive off Cash $1,526.91

Mike

Since the acquisition fee is in the CAP cost and the payment, I'd want to know what the $250+$880 in fees are for... Title/registration? What else?

So.... work on the selling price. Given the $1500 incentive on this car, they are only discounting it $1365.
    Also... ask about the fees.. If anything in there is non-government, then that's just an increase in the selling price. Given the upfront tax on fees, I'd guess there is around $800 or more of padding, because government fees aren't taxable.
    So the fees are just extra selling price, so in actuality I'm basically paying MSRP? When they said they would come down to $29,500 selling price, they just added it back in on the other side. Typical...

Assuming they will man up and remove the fluff... What would be a good price according to a lease calculator? Or other deals that are flying around online? Basically I'm looking for the ending selling price I should shoot for, and total fees that is industry standard for an intelligent buyer..
  • Options
    kyfdx said:
    Looking for some help on an Acura TLX 4 cylinder base lease w/ 10k miles. I used the Ride with G Auto Lease Calculator, but for some reason it is not calculating the same figures as Acura is giving me. So here is what I have, straight from the print out from the dealer: MSRP $32,365 Selling Price $29,500 Acquisition Fee $595 Adjusted Cap Cost $30,095 (i guess the acquisition fee gets rolled back up?) Lease Rate .00056 Lease Term 36 Months Base Monthly Rental $324.29 Total Taxes $753.27 Monthly Used Tax $19.46 6% Total Monthly Payemtn $343.75 Windows: Ann Fees: $250 Initial Fees: $880.45 Tax on Fees: $52.71 Drive off Cash $1,526.91 So, really what I'm looking for is, are these numbers right? Do you figure the same payment? Am I better off going to the V6 with the Tech? Seems like people are getting better deals on those. For a 4 cylinder with no tech I was expected to be closer to $300 with no money down. Just wanted to double check against other peoples deals before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance. Mike
    .00056 MF and 60% residual. $1500 dealer lease cash. The monthly payment is exactly right, given the variables. Since the acquisition fee is in the CAP cost and the payment, I'd want to know what the $250+$880 in fees are for... Title/registration? What else? So.... work on the selling price. Given the $1500 incentive on this car, they are only discounting it $1365. Also... ask about the fees.. If anything in there is non-government, then that's just an increase in the selling price. Given the upfront tax on fees, I'd guess there is around $800 or more of padding, because government fees aren't taxable.
    Thanks for the quick response. So basically they discounted the price, then increased the fees because I had the total fees around $1,000. What would be a responsible total fee figure for this deal?  

Also, based on what others are getting, what would be reasonable price to negotiate down to?  Then ask for the dealer cash on top of?  That $1,500 in the above example is me paying $1,500 down not a discount. Or at least how I understand it. If you give me an example off a good-great deal I'll work toward that. 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

kyfdx said:

MSRP $32,365
    Selling Price $29,500
    Acquisition Fee $595
    Lease Rate .00056
    Lease Term 36 Months
    Total Taxes $753.27

Drive off Cash $1,526.91

Mike

So the fees are just extra selling price, so in actuality I'm basically paying MSRP? When they said they would come down to $29,500 selling price, they just added it back in on the other side. Typical...

Assuming they will man up and remove the fluff... What would be a good price according to a lease calculator? Or other deals that are flying around online? Basically I'm looking for the ending selling price I should shoot for, and total fees that is industry standard for an intelligent buyer..
    I don't know what those fees are for... you'll have to ask them.

But, don't worry about how you get the price lower, just get the price lower. Whether they remove $800 in garbage fees, or cut the price by $800, the result is the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator