Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Input needed: Good lease deal on 2016 Audi S5?

bos5y1990bos5y1990 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Audi
Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone could provide some input about a lease deal that I've been offered. It's a 2016 S5 coupe in Ibis White with Red/Black Napa leather seats. It's a premium plus, but it has the tech package, the black optics package, and the suspension additions. The sales agent is having the car delivered from another dealership since I really wanted those colors. I'm located in California. He has offered me a lease with $2,184 (minimum drive off) and $817 a month, which includes taxes. The MSRP would be $57,500. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm also using their new college grad program. I've negotiated with him a bit so far, but I'm wondering if I should try to go lower. I believe the original MSRP was $61,500. I'm going in to see the car today, if it came in. Any advice?

Comments

• bos5y1990bos5y1990 Member Posts: 4
    Oh and also the lease is for 36 months with 10,000 miles a year.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    bos5y1990 said:

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone could provide some input about a lease deal that I've been offered. It's a 2016 S5 coupe in Ibis White with Red/Black Napa leather seats. It's a premium plus, but it has the tech package, the black optics package, and the suspension additions. The sales agent is having the car delivered from another dealership since I really wanted those colors. I'm located in California. He has offered me a lease with $2,184 (minimum drive off) and $817 a month, which includes taxes. The MSRP would be $57,500. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm also using their new college grad program. I've negotiated with him a bit so far, but I'm wondering if I should try to go lower. I believe the original MSRP was $61,500. I'm going in to see the car today, if it came in. Any advice?

bos5y1990 said:

Oh and also the lease is for 36 months with 10,000 miles a year.

36/10 on the S5 Premium Plus is .00136 and 59%. Assuming the MSRP is $61,500 and the selling price is $57,500, I get a pre-tax payment of $717/mo. If the tax rate is 9%, then the payment goes to $781/mo.

First, find out what the net cap cost is - might be higher than the $57,500 if fees and such are added in.

Second, the MF can be inflated by the dealer for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

the MF might be inflated since I applied under the new college grad program, which is supposedly supposed to have special rates.
    He is using a MF of .00176...
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    bos5y1990 said:
    He is using a MF of .00176...
     You want to use the base rate.  Politely but firmly tell them that you will not sign a deal that uses an inflated money factor 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4