Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

XTS Lease

cape_guycape_guy Member Posts: 1
edited October 2015 in Cadillac

I currently have an XTS on lease and was thinking about what I want to lease when the term is up.

If you have two Cadillac Dealers with identical cars, no trade-in, would the lease pricing be identical?

I am under the impression that for leasing purposes, the dealer turns the car over to Ally leasing and Ally sets the terms based upon the car, residual, down payment, etc.

So for a lease with no trade-in, is shopping around viable or not?

Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    cape_guy said:

I currently have an XTS on lease and was thinking about what I want to lease when the term is up.

If you have two Cadillac Dealers with identical cars, no trade-in, would the lease pricing be identical?

I am under the impression that for leasing purposes, the dealer turns the car over to Ally leasing and Ally sets the terms based upon the car, residual, down payment, etc.

So for a lease with no trade-in, is shopping around viable or not?

The leasing bank does buy the car from the dealer to rent it to you. And, they set the terms for money factor or APR and residual.

But, the price they pay depends on the price you negotiate. Also, they allow the dealer to mark up the APR or money factor for extra profit.

So, negotiation and knowledge are essential, just like in any car purchase. Hope that helps.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator