Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2016 Forester ~ Possible issue for tall drivers

jiminyintxjiminyintx Member Posts: 49
edited November 2015 in Subaru
I picked up my new 2016 Forester Limited the other day. I let my 6'2" tall son drive it part way home, and immediately he noticed that with the driver's seat bottomed out and the rearview mirror tilted as far up as it would go, he could still only see out the bottom two thirds of the back window. My Forester does have the mirror package option, but not sure if that changes anything.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,763

I picked up my new 2016 Forester Limited the other day. I let my 6'2" tall son drive it part way home, and immediately he noticed that with the driver's seat bottomed out and the rearview mirror tilted as far up as it would go, he could still only see out the bottom two thirds of the back window. My Forester does have the mirror package option, but not sure if that changes anything.

Does the mirror have the old style tab at the bottom that you can flip up, when lights hit your mirror at night? Maybe it's out of position? (do they still have those? lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,731
    Are there two joints in the mirror support? There may be mor adjustment available. 
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    put a photo. there cannot be such fault in any car.
  • Options
    I will check these things and have my son try again. I apologize if I posted this issue without doing all my "homework" first. Thank you for your comments.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on the second joint, texases. That solved the problem for this Forester newbie. Moderator, feel free to delete this entire thread!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2015
    I think it's a good one to leave - seems like Subarus always have some weird trick to trip people up.

My old Outback was one of those that had the parking light switch on top of the steering wheel surround. Lots of us would accidently hit it and then would either scratch our heads trying to figure out why the parking lights were on, or worse, wouldn't notice until we had a dead battery. My sister got burned that way on her '05 Forester.

Congrats on the new ride!
  • Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    stever said:

I think it's a good one to leave - seems like Subarus always have some weird trick to trip people up.

Amen !

My wife bought a 2010 Subaru Forester in 2010. We could not figure out where and how the windshield wiper fluid spray worked, as the normal thing is to pull forward on the wiper stalk , but in this car, nothing happened ..
    So we took the car all the way to the dealer and he said the fluid sprayed by pressing a button on the tip of the wiper stalk !!
    LOL

• Options
    scottc3scottc3 Member Posts: 137
    Funny, driving a 2017 forester touring today I noticed similar. I wanted to tilt the rear view mirror up more but it reached its limit. I lowered the seat back an inch or two and it was ok, but an interesting comment. I'm 6'1" also.