Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Donation - 1995 Blazer

pureselfpureself Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Chevrolet
I have an older 1995 blazer that I am looking to donate to a charity. I have examined some local charities but am not sure of where to donate to yet. I have worried about my donation being misused or not reaching the intended recipients / programs.

I have checked out places like [non-permissible content removed] to get a handle on what different types of charities are out there. Are there any recommendations as to what charities are more trustworthy than others (for this type of car or a similar one)?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,184
    pureself said:

I have an older 1995 blazer that I am looking to donate to a charity. I have examined some local charities but am not sure of where to donate to yet. I have worried about my donation being misused or not reaching the intended recipients / programs.

I have checked out places like [non-permissible content removed] to get a handle on what different types of charities are out there. Are there any recommendations as to what charities are more trustworthy than others (for this type of car or a similar one)?

Where we live, Goodwill Industries seems to be the most reliable charity to donate a car to... But, they just sell it at auction, the very next week and take the proceeds. A 1995 Blazer sounds like a $500 car. That's probably all they will get out of it.

Easier to call a salvage yard and have them come get it. Take whatever they give you for it, and give the money to whoever you want. Cleaner deal on both ends.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator