Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Nissan Titan XD Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited November 2015 in Nissan

The 2016 Nissan Titan XD is an all-new pickup that's larger and more capable than the standard 2016 Nissan Titan, which was also redesigned. Built on a stouter frame with beefier running gear, the Titan XD launches with a 5.0-liter Cummins turbodiesel V8 engine, crew-cab body and 6.5-foot bed only. A gasoline V8, extended-cab body and an 8-foot bed will be added later. It's a uniquely positioned pickup that attempts to split the difference between traditional half-ton trucks and the more powerful heavy-duty pickups from the Big Three.

Read the full story here

Comments

• It says that the engine *alone* is 500lbs lighter than the Dodge Cummin's I6? That sounds implausible - is it right? That'd put the Dodge I6 at like 700lbs, minimum.

Also, the article says "Nissan", but all of the pictures are of a Porsche. Word.
  • The fuel economy isn't impressive... at all. My step-dad's '12 Sierra 3500HD dually with the Duramax averages around 16, and highway is usually low 20s, unloaded. Considering we live in the mountains of central PA, that's pretty good for a truck of its size.
  • kshankarkshankar Posts: 175
    787 inches tall? WOW! I doubt that can fit inside a standard garage. Might need an airport hanger
  • It's UGLY! Is it me, or is manufacturer going with these cartoonishly large and overstyled front ends? I mean they could do bold without going so overboard. Kind of disappointing overall. Smh.
  • How is a 12,000lb tow rating greater than a 17,000lb tow rating?

"The result is a Titan XD crew-cab diesel pickup with tow ratings that range from 12,314 pounds for the S 4x2 work truck to 10,608 pounds for a decked-out Platinum Reserve 4x4. A nicely equipped Pro-4X 4x4 can pull 11,784 pounds.

Those numbers put the Titan XD well above a truck like the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, which has tow ratings that range between 7,540 to 8,870 pounds, and top heavy-duty trucks that can pull up to 17,000 pounds."

• An 8ft bed will put them in a working class but like so many trucks today it is to tall. the roof should not be over 6 ft tall
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,184
    I do miss having my 4x4 and being able to just toss stuff in the back, haul around my small boat and stuff. Maybe if I can get the college debt I built up from kid #2 tossed aside... but I want a manual tranny when I do it! ;)

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review