Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Nissan Titan XD Road Test | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2015 in Nissan

The 2016 Nissan Titan XD is an all-new pickup that's larger and more capable than the standard 2016 Nissan Titan, which was also redesigned. Built on a stouter frame with beefier running gear, the Titan XD launches with a 5.0-liter Cummins turbodiesel V8 engine, crew-cab body and 6.5-foot bed only. A gasoline V8, extended-cab body and an 8-foot bed will be added later. It's a uniquely positioned pickup that attempts to split the difference between traditional half-ton trucks and the more powerful heavy-duty pickups from the Big Three.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    pinhead_907pinhead_907 Member Posts: 8
    It says that the engine *alone* is 500lbs lighter than the Dodge Cummin's I6? That sounds implausible - is it right? That'd put the Dodge I6 at like 700lbs, minimum.

Also, the article says "Nissan", but all of the pictures are of a Porsche. Word.
  • Options
    redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    The fuel economy isn't impressive... at all. My step-dad's '12 Sierra 3500HD dually with the Duramax averages around 16, and highway is usually low 20s, unloaded. Considering we live in the mountains of central PA, that's pretty good for a truck of its size.
  • Options
    kshankarkshankar Member Posts: 175
    787 inches tall? WOW! I doubt that can fit inside a standard garage. Might need an airport hanger
  • Options
    zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    It's UGLY! Is it me, or is manufacturer going with these cartoonishly large and overstyled front ends? I mean they could do bold without going so overboard. Kind of disappointing overall. Smh.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    How is a 12,000lb tow rating greater than a 17,000lb tow rating?

"The result is a Titan XD crew-cab diesel pickup with tow ratings that range from 12,314 pounds for the S 4x2 work truck to 10,608 pounds for a decked-out Platinum Reserve 4x4. A nicely equipped Pro-4X 4x4 can pull 11,784 pounds.

Those numbers put the Titan XD well above a truck like the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, which has tow ratings that range between 7,540 to 8,870 pounds, and top heavy-duty trucks that can pull up to 17,000 pounds."

• Options
    kokomojoekokomojoe Member Posts: 150
    An 8ft bed will put them in a working class but like so many trucks today it is to tall. the roof should not be over 6 ft tall
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I do miss having my 4x4 and being able to just toss stuff in the back, haul around my small boat and stuff. Maybe if I can get the college debt I built up from kid #2 tossed aside... but I want a manual tranny when I do it! ;)