Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buying a Canadian Nissan Murano in Michigan

aks_28_09aks_28_09 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Nissan
Hi All, I am being offered a 2014 Murano approx 6k below KBB price in MI. catch is it is a Canada unit. Dealer has MI title. he is ensuring that he has all the approvals and documents required. Low price is attributed to current exchange rate. Pls advise. He also told me that its a MI title hence car is clean, not from Grey Market. He has shown me the carfax too which has history of vehicle and is clean.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2015
    Probably semantics but even if the dealer got a letter from Nissan saying the Canadian Murano meets US standards, and it was legally exported here, I think it's still a grey market car. I presume the Carfax shows the chain of title back to Canada - the exchange rate is very favorable to the US right now, but lots of buyers will be scared off by the Canadian history, and that'll affect value as well (and may matter to you down the road if you decide to sell or trade it at some point).

Parts and service shouldn't be an issue.

Is there any factory warranty left? What's Nissan USA's position on honoring the warranty?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Life is too short to have those sorts of headaches. Anything you save will be lost on the other end, when you have to explain it to the next buyer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    Not worth the headache. Go to Carmax and find a similar Murano
  • aks_28_09aks_28_09 Member Posts: 2
    Hmm..got it ! thanks a lot guys ! I will do the same.
  • carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    Of you plan to keep it many years then buy it . Problem is only when you try to sell it .