Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• jonesok1jonesok1 Member Posts: 97
    I haven't really noticed any problems with my late 04 RX330. It does have a different response, and if you are used to a sports car reaction, and smash to pedal to the floor, there is a very slight lag time before the engine reacts. This is related to the drive by wire in my opinion. On the other hand, if you drive normally, without jack rabbit starts while going slow, you won't ever encounter it in my opinion.

I've only put on about 1500 miles so far, but it's a non issue for me.

As for the other problems, note that you can't really put much stock in the ones posted here, as this is where problems are posted. No manufacturer makes a 100% perfect production run. The majority of users don't have any problems at all.

I had a bad master cylinder which was causing a slight brake pedal shudder. They are replacing the whole thing to fix it without any question.

I'd suggest you drive the car. Punch it out if you want and see how it reacts. If you can live with it, get one. If it bothers you, get somehing else. But Lexus isn't number 1 in the J&D Power survey because they make crappy cars. So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Mine has no other defects, rattles, or issues and I'm quite happy with ours. I think you will be too.

GM
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    Have noticed an outside wind/road noise in the back section of the vehicle that I didn't notice on the loaner I had when mine was being ordered. Today the ML stereo is being replaced and they are going to look at the noise.
    I have AWD version, built April, '04 and I have no hesitation problem. The only thing I had to get used to is the drive-by-wire system. Now that I have two vehicles with the Toyota 3.3 Ltr and drive-by-wire I'm getting used to it.
    See my reply above.
  • my1stsuv1my1stsuv1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi Cotmc,

Can you please update what the firmwave is? What is the TSIB number? Do you refer to the ECM update (TC00503)? My dealer told me that my car has been applied from the factory.

I purchased my RX330 around Nov, 2003. My car has transmission hesitation and downshift issues. The transmission cannot pick the lower gear after you slow down and start to accelerate.
  • lovemylexus1lovemylexus1 Member Posts: 101
    Sorry to be late with my reply. I have been out on business (although not to an exotic location).

Our Benz is a 2003 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. We love it and have had NO problems with it. Not even a single rattle!! In fact, we are a bit surprised we have had to send the Lexus and NOT the Benz back to the dealer for minor issues since we've owned it.

The C230 has only been to the dealer once for service... at 10,000 miles (we purchased the 03 off the lot just as the 04 models arrived in July of 2003). As cotmc mentioned in an earlier message, the Benz engine runs on synthetic oil and requires maintenance around every 10,000 miles (at least the way we drive it).

We have free maintenance (oil changes and the major service checks) through at least 40,000 miles (could be 50,000 but I don't have the stuff in front of me at the moment). Mercedes has ENDED this program for all 2005 models. But I see BMW has added "free maintenance" in its latest series of ads.

I drove the car this past weekend on my business trip. I love it for the speed but I miss the height and comfort of my RX. The Benz is a sport car with four wheels so it does NOT ride like the Lexus. Basically, the Benz is perfect for the days when my personality feels the need for speed. The RX is for the days when I need height, comfort and practical hauling space.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your added thoughts on my service comments.

Both of you are correct, I am NOT happy with my local dealership. As I have said many times before, my dealership has the monopoly on the market. They have no incentive to provide better service.

On "free maintenance"... it isn't a requirement for me to purchase a car (I bought the Lexus). But, it seems to me that Lexus would want to offer this perk... or at least some form of this perk... since other major luxury makers do offer discounts; etc. up front. With that said, free maintenance wouldn't solve the problems I have with my dealership.

Yes, I could go elsewhere for service... but if my dealership doesn't LIKE the place where I have my RX serviced, I would not put it past them to deny me future warranty service. This is another headache I don't want to deal with.

Basically, I LOVE my RX. Yes, it has had a few minor problems. I expected that since it is a first model year re-design. All of these have been or can be remedied. It is my local service department that has made my Lexus experience less than perfect.

Given the current options in this class of vehicles, I would purchase another RX in a heartbeat. In fact, I am looking forward to the hybrid.
  • twiebetwiebe Member Posts: 7
    My wife doesn't exactly drive like a grandmother, but she isn't off the charts crazy. We have a pretty bad noise in the rear, and the service tech said told her he thinks we need new tires. I don't know what he did as far as balance or road force, so I'm calling him tomorrow get more details. There's decent tread, and it feels more like a flat spot or that the tire is out of round. Anyone else having the problems with the Eagle 235/55/18's? Doesn't look like there are any other tire's out there with the same size, and I'm hesitant to pay 200/tire for another 20k miles. I can't find any TSB's or anything, but I'd sure like michelin's on there. Any advice?
  • mrrogersmrrogers Member Posts: 391
    Tire Rack has Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 tires listed at $124 each in size 235/55-18 for the RX330. Good luck!
  • gardencargardencar Member Posts: 293
    Thanks for the reply,it was helpful. I knew you were off some place, reporting. I'll be looking at those C230 Kompressors for sure. Maybe there are a few '04's still left with the free maintenance service. I'm glad to hear you are having such great luck with the MBZ. It is surprising that you've had to bring the Lexus in to the dealer, instead of the Merc.
  • dardson1dardson1 Member Posts: 696
    thanks for info... someone here recommended OxiClean...it got out 90% of the stain or else we've just scrubbed it 'til the fiber is gone...lol.....I'll look for your product. Thanks
  • cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    Sorry for the delay. The TSIB number is indeed TC005-03. It is titled: "ECM Calibration: Shifting Enhancement."

Did your dealer hook up the diagnostic tool and verify the calibration id? I have heard that Dec 2003 cars have this updated from the factory, but I don't know when this was phased into production. You might want to insist that the service center verify your calibration id, just to be sure.

For what it's worth, our problem (before the new download) wasn't exactly the tranny refusing to downshift. Our problem was that it delayed the downshift. Due to this delay, I would sometimes press harder on the accelerator, causing it to eventually hard-shift down 2 or more gears.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope this might help.
    Try All Fabric Bleach. It has 80% more non-chlorine bleach than Oxi-clean. If you can't get any, drop me an e-mail. Make sure it is a non-chlorine bleach that does not affect colors.
  • babysnowbabysnow Member Posts: 48
    i just recently purchased an AWD with the performance package. like you, i read this forum before purchasing and wondered if i should choose something else. after 500+ miles of mostly freeway driving, my only major complaint is that my rx seems a lot noisier than expected. i'm constantly checking to see if i've closed all my windows properly. keep in mind that most people usually don't bother creating an account here just to report how happy they are with their cars and no they're not having any problems. however, my moonroof did start acting up a few days ago. it refuses to one-touch close. it closes 2/3 of the way then reopens. i called the service guy and he said it was probably the pinch protection malfunctioning. as of now, i have to close it little by little until it closes all the way. i'm taking it in a couple of days from now to fix along with my lojack appointment. will let everyone know how it turns out after. my one regret about the rx330 is that it does not have as comfortable a ride (well that and the noise issue. it didn't seem as bad when i test drove it but now that i have to live with it every day it seems louder) as the vw treg i test drove. however, i ended up choosing the rx due to the slightly faster acceleration and more tech features (power rear hatch and rear-view camera).
    Good post. I think you made the correct decision! Once you get a few thousand miles on your RX330's engine, I think you'll see that it has much faster acceleration than a V6 t-reg. Odds are that you'll have fewer problems down the road, as well. Sorry about your moonroof pinch protection malfunction. Hopefully, this is a one-time problem, and the car will be dependable for you.

Lately I've been seeing some low prices advertised on those t-regs. One local dealer is advertising $10K off of MSRP, while another advertised a V6 model at about $28K. I guess they must not be selling very well.
    Hey gardencar, are you really looking to add a new addition to your garage?? If so, don't rule out the '05 version of the C230 Kompressor sedan. Even though MB is removing the free maintenance program (which is a bummer!), I understand that the '05 model received a significant "midcycle refresh" treatment, as Edmunds likes to call it. I think you'll notice some big changes to the interior of the newer model. Take a look inside Edmunds New Cars section for details.

Personally, I'm most loyal to BMW, of course, and I would recommend either a new 3-series sedan, or a slightly used Certified Pre-Owned 530i (or 540i) sedan. That would be the E39 pre-Bangle, pre-iDrive version! Another recommendation might be the Acura TL, which seems to offer plenty bang-for-the-buck performance and a reasonable level of luxury, but only comes in FWD.

While we're off-topic, I guess I should also confess to both of you that I sold my '00 528i. (Sigh...) In its place I leased one of those newly-redesigned Volvo S40 sedans. This was a "value" decision. I decided to save some money. Overall, I'm very impressed with its steering and handling; I really like the design (especially with the black exterior), and I would be hard-pressed to find a safer small sedan..., but unfortunately, it's not built quite like a BMW. (Sigh...)
    I also notice a lot of wind/road noise in the RX330. I actually asked the dealer about it Monday when the car went in to replace the ML stereo that had malfunctioned. At times it sounds like the rear hatch is not closed well, that's how noisy it is. Much more noisy than my Tahoe was.

Of course now I'm bummed also because the '05s have the things that I couldn't believe the '04s didn't have. Most notably an 8 way adjustable passenger seat and voice controlled NAV system. Oh well.
  • johngreisjohngreis Member Posts: 70
    Re the lousy ride. Have you checked the tire pressure? RX's are famous for being delivered with too much air in the tires.

Both of mine were delivered that way. I believe that the factory ships them with the tires over filled and the dealer is "supposed" to reduce them to the proper pressure.
    Here's a long shot, but try this. I had a similar problem after I got the car from the dealer and apparently they had disconnected the battery without resetting the sunroof. The sunroof wouldn't close completely but reopened again. I had to press the switch forward, bit by bit.

Reset the moonroof as per the instructions on the owner's manual. The exact procedure escapes me right now, but look in the manual. Good luck.
    Hey cotmc! Yes, we are looking to get some type of sedan. Since we sold our LS400, we now have two SUV's, the RX330 and our Explorer. I miss the feel of zipping around in a sedan.

By the way, I can't believe you sold the 528i! We were looking at the pre-Bangles as well. Thanks for the helpful suggestions and I'll look for your posts on the S40 boards. It looks like a sweet little sedan and a good value. Let me know how you like it.
    babysnow, I just remembered how I remedied my moonrof problems. I reset the moonroof by holding down the unlock button on the key fob. When you hear the beep, continue depressing the key fob until the windows and moonroof open fully. Depress the unlock button again until the windows and moonroof close.

You can also perform this procedure by putting the key in the driver's side door to unlock the doors. Hold this position until the windows and moonroof start to open. Turn the key in the opposite direction to lock the doors and hold until the windows and moonroof are fully closed.
    Hope this helps.

Cute name!
    thanks everyone for their helpful suggestions! i knew there was something i forgot the service tech guys this morning! (it would be so much better for us nite ppl if there were 24hr dealerships!) cool! i can close the windows as well as open them with my key remote?? as cool as i think this option is, i do have one minor gripe... do the lexus tech design guys think we have nothing to do other than stand around our cars holding down different remote buttons? it kinda annoys me that i have to keep holding down the unlock button until all windows have rolled down completely. why couldn't they program it so it rolls down all the way after keeping it depressed like our power rear hatch or something along those lines? ok sorry i'm done venting. having to get up at 8am to take my car in for service makes me grumpy all day =P

p.s. in case anyone's curious about the name. i named my car snow due to its color. since snow was already taken by someone and i didn't wanna be snowx (x being some random number) i simpled added baby in front since that's what snow is. my new baby =)
    Hey, I'm #700. I think I'll celebrate with a beer... but not here at work. Maybe later.

"do the lexus tech design guys think we have nothing to do other than stand around our cars holding down different remote buttons?"

Yes.

They also think we enjoy sitting at home at night to read their 950-page RX330 user manual. I heard Lexus was originally going to make this into a trilogy, but cost-cutting measures nixed that idea. I'm almost up to the really exciting part, near page 425. I hope nobody spoils the ending for me.
  • poto1xpoto1x Member Posts: 26
    Do Toyota and Lexus deliver the safety and customer satisfaction they claim?

At Toyota and Lexus dealers, and the Edmunds Town Hall website, owners frequently complain of hesitation and surging in 2004 models (Camry, Highlander, Sienna, ES330 and RX330). Yet, Toyota claims there is no defect, and no safety problem with the transaxle and drive by wire throttle/software system—this is “normal” performance because all their cars do it.

Based on the NHTSA database of 2004 owner reports:
    • There are 13 reports of accidents with property damage, personal injury and one death related to the transmission/throttle system. (7 times the equivalent Ford and Honda accident rate!).
    • Owners of V6 models (Sienna, ES330 and RX330) are 15 times more likely than Ford and Honda owners to file a hesitation/surging complaint—Could it be because a) they have more problems b) Toyota refuses to acknowledge (or fix) the problem and c) it’s NHTSA’s job to step in when a manufacturer won’t voluntarily correct their safety defects?
    • The majority of V6 Toyota owners filing a hesitation/surging complaint state the car is unsafe. (Of the significantly fewer transmission complaints from Ford and Honda owners, none reported it as a safety hazard!)
    1) Lexus fixed the transmission hesitation problem with our RX330 via TSIB TC005-03. We are now very content with its responsiveness. Many other RX330 owners have stated the same thing.

2) I don't profess to have read every single post in this forum, but I do not recall complaints with engine surging.

3) Am I understanding the first bullet correctly? Only 13 reported accidents (involving claims against the transmission or throttle) across all 2004 Toyota/Lexus models, and this was 7 times the equivalent Ford rate?? "13" doesn't seem to be a significant number to me, based on all the Toyota/Lexus models and their very high volume of sales.

Don't get me wrong. I do agree that Lexus didn't get the throttle/transmission system correct when the original '04 RX330's were manufactured. And I bet other Toyota models with the same 3.3L V6 and 5sp automatic drivetrain exhibited the same problem. I can't speak to the resolution for those other models, but as for the RX330, I believe Lexus has resolved this issue. My main complaint is that Lexus should have publicized their TSB much more effectively. Many of us owners discovered this TSB only because of forums such as this one.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A Discussion Search for "surge" yields one hit:

theflow May 26, 2004 11:54am

I didn't search for "hesitation."

Steve, Host
    hmm... well not that this particuliar complaint has to do with transmission/throttle but... here in la, every time i see a ford, esp. if it's a truck or suv, i know to watch out. they're almost always rude and dangerous drivers that constantly change lanes and cut people off. i absolutely detest the sight of a ford.
    That was very eye opening info. Thanks for the post. However, I have to agree with cotmc. I have been satisfied with the TSB fix of the hesitation problem. That said, I do have to admit that out of all of the RX 330's quirks and idiosynchracies, I am most disappointed with the transmission shifting.

I noticed that you only have three posts, and they're all about this hesitation, surging issue.??
    babysnow, thanks for this post. This one and the post by cotmc were what I needed to end the day with a laugh!

Be careful with the overgenerilizations, though. I own both a Lexus RX 330 and a Ford Explorer. Although I don't consider myself a rude driver, I weave in and out of traffic just as much in my RX. In fact, probably more, because it handles better and has full curtain airbags.

Hmm... I wonder what angers people more, getting cut off by a Ford, or getting cut off by a Lexus? Opinions, anyone?
    =P yes i know generalizations doesn't apply in every single case but like i said here in LA it's frequently true. but not to worry, gardencar! you're safe from generalization since i see you're up in the bay area. of course i am planning a road trip up there next month so you might not be safe too much longer =P
  • xmaslexusxmaslexus Member Posts: 1
    I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I've found a lot of useful info here. Thanks to everyone.

I'm having a problem with my new RX 330 that I haven't seen discussed. The double cup holder in the center console is difficult to open and close. I have to "push it" many times to get it to work. This is very frustrating.

I complained during my last service and was told it needed cleaning. However, this didn't solve the problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Brand of vehicle doesn't matter, the only times I remember being cut-off often is on the Bayshore south of SFO.

Californians!
  • katherine6katherine6 Member Posts: 61
    I had a problem with the bin behind the cup holder being hard to open. the dealer looked at it, said "it's binding" and replaced it, forthwith.

katherine
    Here is my take, for what it's worth.

I also complained to my dealer about my [build date 4/01/04) RX330 hesitation. I did not have the transmission update as my build date was after they fixed that. He explained to me about the fact that when you "drive-by-wire" this is just one of the things you deal with. (Of course, the VSC system is based on the fact and I think it's more important). I'm also very into aviation and know that there is a learning curve to anyone who goes from flying a mechanical plane to a fly-by-wire jet as the adjustments are not immediate.

In any case. I also noticed this on my 2005 Solara Convertible.

The thing we have to think about though is that we will all, eventually, get used to driving "drive-by-wire" vehicles. In the end, you always have to get used to each car you drive. Would it make sense to sue a manufacturer for an accident that happened because you thought your V6 equipped vehicle would move like your newly traded V8? Isn't it fair to think even mechanically controlled throttles in a V6 would "hesitate" if you were coming from a more powerful engine?

I have to think that when automatic transmissions first became mass produced and people were used to manually shifting gears that people thought them "hesitant" and "under-responsive" (as in downshifting to gain speed). We all just have to move with the times.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    My 01 Porsche C4 is e-throttle and doesn't exhibit ANY type of hesitation.

And I'd be willing to bet you that no Toyota or Lexus RWD or rear biased AWD vehicle with drive by wire will have any hesitation.

Going over the various Toyota and Lexus posts here and on other forums it seems pretty obvious that this problem pertains ONLY to FWD vehicles. The other thing that seems very obvious is that it is more pronounced or noticeable during turning while (attempting??) accelerating.
    Willard, there you go again, blaming everything on FWD.

By the way, I too have been cut off on the Bayshore, south of SFO. However, this is more rampant, I think, down in So Cal, by babysnow.
    When I got home, today, I noticed some bird poop on the hood of my RX 330. Took out the bucket and sponge, uncoiled the hose, started to wash the car. When I got to the right fender, I had to go back to the left fender and check the area where it meets the bumper. Sure enough, the bumper on the right side was lower by about 1/4 inch. I was puzzled and annoyed, until I checked under the bumper and saw a scuff mark under the right side. I remembered the night before I had gently gone over a curb, while backing out of a friend's drive way. I had not heard any loud noises or bumps and didn't give it a second thought. I realized this was how I must have misaligned the bumper. I couldn't believe such a low curb could cause such a gap!
    I have gone over countless curbs with my Explorer without causing any damage to it. Could the Lexus be so much less sturdy?

To top it all off, after I washed and dried the car, I noticed the bird poop had left marks on the hood. I tried some light detergent, then I tried a wax, then I tried a cleaner wax, but the marks were still there! I looked at the marks closely and saw that the poop seemed to have eaten its way into the clear coat. I was horrified! I tried some scratch remover, even some marine cleaner wax. The poop marks remained.

I called my Lexus dealer and he said he wasn't aware of any defects in the paint where poop could so rapidly damage. He told me to come in Tuesday evening because the regional supervisor would be in the next day and he could look at the poop marks. He said they could at least attempt to buff them off.

I am wondering if this is just an isolated incident, caused by some very acid poop (I'm also wondering what that bird ate!) My warning to you all is, "Be careful of even low curbs, and beware of bird poop."
    while picking up snow (for those new to the boards, snow is my rx330) from the dealership, i inquired about an ashtray. while i myself don't smoke, my mother does. i was told that it was sold for $100+ (can't remember the exact number). i asked to see a picture. the picture showed me the ashtray but not how it fit into the car. after much discussion btw the sales girl and the parts guy, they finally had to call in a tech guy to look. to make a long story short... it goes into the cupholder part of my center console. my response? an outraged shriek of "is lexus insane? for $100+ i get the privilege of losing my cupholders for an astray??" the sales person responds with "well... lexus doesn't make any cars with ashtrays now" ok i understand most cars don't come equiped with ashtrays anymore but still!! and to say nothing of how this set up would be extremely inconvenient for your back passengers (there's an ashtray part for them at all) if there are any lexus design guys out there reading this, please answer me this. if i were a smoker and bought the ashtray attachment... what the hell would i do with the big gulp i bought at the gas station? put it in the cupholders in the back and drink it when i get home?? ... all i can is thank god the ash tray was for my mom (who rarely rides in my car)and not for myself. since lexus can't design an ashtray attachment that's worth my money, i guess i'll have to take my money elsewhere and look into an aftermarket product. anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance and sorry for the venting. i expected to be overcharged but at least i thought where it went would make sense...

gardencar... sorry to hear you had a bad day too =(
  • pj0507pj0507 Member Posts: 1
    I brought my 2004 RX in for the routine oil change, waited for the car at the dealer, but when they were done I was told (and shown) that the brake fluid was half empty and the radiator had a leak. I was told this has happened a few times with the RX and that a new brake fluid container has been made and that an upgraded radiator is now being installed on the RX. Has any one heard about these problems?
    Going over the various Toyota and Lexus posts here and on other forums it seems pretty obvious that this problem pertains ONLY to FWD vehicles.

My RX330 is AWD.

I drove a Cayenne last week that a friend is looking at buying and it exhibits THE SAME feeling of about a .8 second of lag from when you push the accelerator until you feel the power come on. I've also found several "purist" articles that confirm that some people feel that lag in the 911 and Boxster also.
    Lexus, as well as most other brands of cars, probably figures it's customers have enough class to not smoke or allow anyone else to smoke their vehicle.

Instead of spending money to adapt your car to enable your mother to injure you and ruin your vehicle, just ask her to please refrain from smoking in your car. Is the gain of a few minutes to stop and let her out of the car to smoke really worth the diminished value of a smoked-in car and the risk to your health?
    Sorry to hear about your problems. Keep us posted on what the dealer says about your paint. What color do you have? Also, do you have digishield...or a clear bra?
    first of all, while i personally do not approve of smoking, i do not consider it an issue of class. second of all, even if it's for something you feel like shouldn't be done, if you're gonna make an attachment for it, do it right! otherwise make a statement and just don't make it at all. for example, singapore airlines does not sell cigarettes on any of their flights. lastly, the concept of being filial is very different in asia. i would not dream of asking my mother to get out of my car to smoke.
    babysnow, I agree with you that smoking is not an issue of class. I would think mfullmer didn't mean that a smoker lacks class, just maybe a person who would smoke in a car without asking if it was okay with the driver?

And although I don't smoke myself, I would ask someone not to smoke, rather than ask someone to get out of my car if they intend to smoke. Don't mind mfullmer, he's just a "shoot from the hip" kind of poster.

About the ashtray from Lexus, you would still have a cupholder left. There is one directly below the air vent, to the left of the steering wheel. It is a folding type that pops out when you depress the base. If you haven't found it, just look for a thin rectangular shape, protruding from the dash.
    yes i know about that pop out cupholder but it doesn't look large enough for the smoothies that my hubby and i like to have =) also here in the land of supersize... would my supersized soda fit? (not that i actually drink this but just trying to make a point for the general public) it just didn't look sturdy/wide enough to me. and besides, where does that leave my poor passenger if i was going on a long road trip? use the power seat adjustment, push all the way back and hope he/she can reach the arm console? (sarcasm directed at lexus design, not at you.) actually forget long road trip, here in so cal, i wouldn't want to hold a drink for more than 15 mins. anything after that and you're drenched with condensation!
    The anwer is, "Yes." In certain cultures, Asian included, "the diminished value of a smoked-in car" and the risk to one's health from letting your mother smoke in the car, is worth not just the gain of a few minutes but the chance to show your respect as a good son or daughter.
    You must be a night owl.

You're right, the dash cupholder does not look sturdy enough to hold a Big Gulp or a big smoothie. Thanks for the solace on my bad day, and not to worry, no sarcasm taken!
    Thanks for the post. I decided to get Digishield right after reading your informative post during the summer. However, I've been waiting until my next service to get it done. Might just do it after they check out the paint, if they let me keep the ES330 loaner I requested. Told the service rep that we were in the market for a sedan and he agreed to let me take it on a sort of extended test drive.

My car's color is Neptune Blue Mica. I will keep you posted as soon as I bring it in .
    Respect? How does asking someone not to ruin your car (or your lungs) show disrespect. I'm speaking from a social smokers point of view here. Would it be disrespectful to ask a parent not to urinate in your car?

What is disrespectful is for someone to have no respect for another persons property (whether or not it is their childs). I frankly have never had anyone not ask if was ok and then have no problem about not smoking in my car.

Not letting someone smoke in your car IS a matter of a class. Same with in your house. There is absolutely nothing disrespectful about asking someone to smoke outside (whether it's in your car or house). Any conscienceous smoker would feel the same way.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    How about we get back to the mechanics of ash trays and cup holders and waft the smoking philosophies elsewhere. thanks,

Steve, Host