Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Mazda3 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    If that is a msrp 20800 (manufacturers sticker price) or so car 1000 off isn't much. We're talking about the low 18's or better in that case.

Good luck
    --jjf

Hi, all. Looking for feedback please! In Allentown, PA:

2008.5 Mazda3
    S Touring /Auto/ Sedan 4-door.
    Only option is the moonroof/6 CD.
    Dealer's price is $19,990 plus tax/title/tags.

It seems to match up with the prices on CR/Edmunds but if the 2009's are coming out in 3 mos or so, should I be holding out for lower?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    sharkie21sharkie21 Member Posts: 14
    Just bought my mazda today in Atlanta!

2008.5 Mazda s GT 4dr sdn - Automatic
    -moonroof/bose speaker
    -satelite radio

zoom zoom!

Artz! If you want info send me an email look up a few post. I get a referral bonus of $100 if you buy a car!
  • Options
    kruzermankruzerman Member Posts: 1
    I have a dealer i have been going back and forth on a price and here is the final offer. That is if they don't try and go back on their offer again. I'm in Maryland and the taxes are 6%. This seems like a good offer. The hatchbacks seem in short supply around here unless you want the GT with everything or a manual transmission. I have a feeling this deal is going to go south because the initial offer from the dealer included freight but subsequent offers have said it wasn't included. They were trying hard to get me to agree to the offers without the freight included. If i had done that i would have ended up paying more than the initial offer!

price $16,845.00
    moonroof $765.00
    freight $650.00
    ttl b4 ttf $18,260.00
    taxes $1,095.60
    registration $225.00
    dealer fee $100.00
    OTD $19,680.60

Color is storm blue and there are no other options than the moonroof and automatic trans.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    adonisjevadonisjev Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am getting 2008 Mazda 3 i-touring value automatic (with moon roof and 6 disc package) for $17,000 + tax + DMV charges... is this a good deal?? If anyone has got their i-touring value recently, please advise !!! Smile
  • Options
    rnsmelrnsmel Member Posts: 14
    Check my quote a few posts back, it's without a moon roof though. However, another dealer in my area has the same exact car with the moon roof package for msrp 18130, 15.00 less than without...kind of odd i think.

Anybody know what dealers use to get their quotes for trade-in values? I can't get the dealers to increase their offers for my trade-in. They keep mentioning some kind of auction..I guess blue book values are useless when it comes to SUV's?
  • Options
    crazyladydrivecrazyladydrive Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted 26000 for a GT with Lux Pkg + tax. is that a good deal?? what kind of discount do the dealers offer?? 2%-5% of vehicle?? Don't wanna pay too much Vancouver
  • Options
    sharkie21sharkie21 Member Posts: 14
    Cars are a lot more in Canada. The car that I got is almost the same as yours. You can look up the specs to see the difference.

I got a 2008.5 mazda 3 s - GT - Auto - 4dr sedan
    -moonroof/bose
    -satelite radio

When I look up the prices here it's a good starting point but a lot of people don't give enough information. So I'll try to be complete

I paid $21,850 for mine OTD
    -no 500 MAC (was used to lower the price)
    -36 months financing at 2.9% (no 1.9% was used to lower the price)
    -7% taxes
    -399 doc fees
    -42 title / license fees
    -In the Atlanta region
  • Options
    willowgwillowg Member Posts: 1
    got the base 3i TV manual in burbs of PA.

car: $15,400
    fee: $34.50
    PA tax @ 6%: $924
    reg fees ect: $128
    OTD: $16,450

for automatic i guess you would add around $900 to the car base and go from there. note that i didn't get a bargain basement car price but i didn't get killed with fees.
  • Options
    Take the lowest of kbb.com or nada.com blue book prices. Use fair condition, if less than fair use that. Set the value of the trade and give the dealer some leeway in evaluating it sight unseen by pricing it low (by the books at least). Describe your trade in detail truthfully , immaculate, some dents rips, , etc. If you actually still owe more than the (for all practical purposes) semi-random trade in price describe how much more you owe. Solicit bids from 10-20 dealers via manufacturers website for their best deal with car price (with all fees), minus trade amount owed.

Try to work with the 2-3 most eager (you've given some your cell #) and see the best you can work out . The best out of 20 is the best. You may have to show up to the 2 or 3 best guys to show them the vehicle. Its good to do it this way at any time but with an SUV especially as many will lose interest with an excessive amount of trades on hand already. (even the nice suv's they may put onto car carriers to auction, not on their lot due to the slow movement) The dealers may not even know how much below kbb value they will go for due to this unusual time.

Many will drop out but they are competing on amount owed after trade. It doesn't really matter in any case what the book says on any car as that is an average price but now SUV's are selling notoriously low due to the massive trade ins. You need to work them and the finalists compete on the best out of pocket deal (with your trade). with financing (your credit union and banks as well as the dealers credit) if you are doing that.

Good luck
    --jjf

Check my quote a few posts back, it's without a moon roof though. However, another dealer in my area has the same exact car with the moon roof package for msrp 18130, 15.00 less than without...kind of odd i think.

Anybody know what dealers use to get their quotes for trade-in values? I can't get the dealers to increase their offers for my trade-in. They keep mentioning some kind of auction..I guess blue book values are useless when it comes to SUV's?
  • Options
    annasmolkaannasmolka Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone!
    First of all I wanted to say "thanks" for the invaluable information I gathered from this site. If it wasn't for you guys I would have overpaid for this vehicle BIG TIME!
    So I went in last night and signed all the paperwork and I picked up my new baby today.
    Mazda3 i Touring Value Edition Auto
    no options added (even though sticker was $19100 because of some minor dealer added stuff that I didn't even pay attention to)
    Sunlight Silver Metallic/Black Cloth
    $17340 OTD (including taxes, dealer fees and tag)
    They had a whooping dealer fee that I refused to pay. They said they wouldn't discount it so I had them discount the vehicle price. Ultimately they gave it to me for $15500 with the $598 dealer fee so basically $16100.
    What do you guys think - not a bad deal huh?
    zoom zoom zoom
  • Options
    leenerleener Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all who post, I've learned from your experiences.

Yesterday I purchased a Copper Red Mazda3 Hatchback Touring Auto

MSRP was 20,010
    OTD was 18,700 (1.9, 2.9, 3.9 mazda financing was available)

I also considered a Sedan TVE and found the discounts much better. I had a price on the Sedan TVE (+ wheel locks and cargo net) of 16,268 OTD (15,735 before TTL etc and the $500 mazda rebate)

The hatchbacks at all dealerships were tougher. Few in stock models and just not as willing to deal as they must be good sellers locally.

Considered saving the $2400 and going with the sedan, but I keep my cars for a very long time and opted to get what I really wanted.
  • Options
    chipchinchipchin Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Houston, TX. The salesman I spoke to told me that he would need to put the car I want on order. He said it would take 8-12 weeks for the car to arrive if I put it on order

I want your opinion on the price he quoted:
    MSRP - $19,100
    Car - $18,000

This is the car in detail:
    - Mazda3 Hatchback Touring
    - manual transmission
    - color: copper red

Thank you!
  • Options
    brandj5brandj5 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP: $18145 - no extra options

Hey guys, I've been e-mailing local dealers about this car and the lowest price I can get so far is $16883.

Whenever I ask other dealers if they can beat that price, I get no response.

I'm thinking about going into the dealer that offered the lowest price and trying to get them down around $16000.

What do you think?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    You really need to email 10-15 dealers last week of the month and see who bites. Many will be good for the month and in no mood to deal. That said something about 16000 with all fees plus tax and title is about and average deal and what the car is worth. (msrp 18100)

Good luck
    --jjf
  • Options
    ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    I would concur with that idea as well. You may have to wait for July, as it typically a much slower sales month. Quotas for the month of June have already been met or exceeded. As it stands, the price of $16,883 sounds awfully good to me, plus tax, tags, and title. I wouldn't get greedy. Unless there is some financial kickback from Mazda USA to the dealer for this particular model, I think you are already there at the bottom price.
  • Options
    adonisjevadonisjev Member Posts: 2
    IMHO, you should wait till the end of any month. I was following up with dealers right from the beginning of the month but bought my Mazda on last Saturday (06/28). This way, dealers are desperate to sell the cars (to meet monthly/quarterly targets). I got my i-touring VE (automatic) with moon-roof & 6CD option for $16800 + Tax + DMV.
  • Options
    brandj5brandj5 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advice, guys. I think being patient and persistent is key.

I've now managed to get a quote of $16500 from a dealer in Louisville, KY, which is about 2.5 hours away.

I'm willing to travel that far if they meet my final price requirements, but I don't want to waste a trip (time, gas, etc.) just to have a dealer give me runaround once I get there.

What kinds of things can I do to prevent that sort of thing? Can I have them fax/email the final documents to me so I can look them over?

Thanks.
  • Options
    rocco_drocco_d Member Posts: 6
    Just got home from a dealer in Philadelphia ... MSRP of 20,060, offer of 18,840, both incl. destination while TTL extra. 0% financing for 36 months. Good deal? This was through my comapniy's S-Plan, but with year end approaching I'm thinking I should be asking for at least 1000 more off, even with the 0% financing.

I've read a lot on here that 3,000 below MSRP is an average deal on the 4-door, but the 5-doors seem to be in higher demand? Should I be happy with 1200 below MSRP (300 below invoice) or should I hold out for more? I was in the back lot and the dealer has about 10 5-doors sitting on the lot (the one we drove tonight was a 2008 and not a 2008.5).

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    crananoncrananon Member Posts: 7
    Hi -
    I am getting 16,400 (before taxes, title etc) on a Mazda3 I Touring Value Edition 2008. The sticker is 18,300. Can someone tell me if that is a good deal?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Thats about an average deal in southwest Ohio. Below average if they want a 250 doc fee. You may be able to get 1 out of 10 dealers or so down to 15500-15800 last week of the month.

Good luck
    --jjf

Hi -
    I am getting 16,400 (before taxes, title etc) on a Mazda3 I Touring Value Edition 2008. The sticker is 18,300. Can someone tell me if that is a good deal?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    the_art_guythe_art_guy Member Posts: 61
    missh,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your message. I actually made the deal after June 1st. I was going to buy from Brown's Fairfax Mazda, but they wouldn't give me the same deal after June 1st, so I went to Malloy in Woodbridge. They were very nice and I was able to negotiate with them. The salesman I worked with was Glorie Ramdas.

My car was actually at Arlington Mazda, but Malloy traded with them so I could get it. I think you might be able to get the car cheaper if you already know what you want and where it is, but buy it from a competing dealer. Good luck!
  • Options
    isabel70isabel70 Member Posts: 3
    Just signed my paperwork today. Used the edmunds.com emailer and then negotiated with the 2 lowest via email.

2008.5 Mazda3 Sedan
    Automatic
    S Touring
    Moonroof/6CD/mp3
    Metro Grey
    MSRP $21,015

Deal was done in 3 emails and a trip today to sign the paperwork that took about 20 minutes. $19,683 + 6% tax $1190.31, new tags/registration/fees $154.62 = $21,028 OTD.
    Financing thru my company's credit union for 3.99% x 60 months.

Worked with Young VW-Mazda in Easton, PA and was very pleased with their Internet Manager. I gave up on my local dealer (Scott Mazda-Volvo in Allentown, PA) when they tried to play games that I didn't appreciate, ie. "You have to come in to get the best deal, the price is only good today until 4pm, Edmunds' TMV prices are always too low," etc.etc. Even if Scott's was willing to match or beat the deal, I figured I didn't want to reward bad behavior with a sale.

I went with Young also because they treated me like a human being and didn't pressure me after I requested the quote. Another dealer literally called me 7 times the first day to 'make sure I'd gotten and understood' his email, then had his manager email.

I know I could have held out for lower given the 2009's coming out soon, but I was happy with the price and very happy with the dealer.

Thanks for the help,
    Iz
  • Options
    rodiddyrodiddy Member Posts: 8
    Ok, so I went in to the Mazda dealer w/ my 2005 Audi 1.8 T (w/ extras) and was offered $14400 trade in. What is a good out the door price for the following models, considering I pay taxes on the difference in Panama City, FL and can transfer tags.

5 door Hatchback Sport
    5 door Hatchback S Touring
    5 door Hatchback Grand Touring

As I left the dealership the salesman said he could talk to the "manager" if I agreed to sign for $4000 OTD + trade for a 5 door Hatchback Sport? Seems like I could get a Touring vehicle for that price...
  • Options
    No idea what taxes are in your state. What kbb trade in is on your car. Whatever it is about 3000 off msrp on the sport and 3-4k off the higher trims is a good deal. If your vehicle books for about 14400 then the deal isn't that good on a touring, (20000 msrp) much less a sport.

Good luck

--jjf
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!
  • Options
    ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello everyone. I decided I'm buying a 2008 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback. I have two important questions and would love to hear feedback on it so anything would help. First, how is the Navigation in this car? Someone who has the Nav, please comment on this. I mean, honestly I really want it cause it looks good and I'm always travelling and a Nav system would come so in handy. And the second question I have is what color do you guys prefer. I was all set on black until I went to the dealership today and saw metropolitan gray. What a gorgeous color! Its like dark grey but with a touch of blue. Actually, it looks bluish-grayish. I know these two things seem unimportant but it will really affect my decision on this car. Ok, thanks a lot.
  • Options
    eviltraineviltrain Member Posts: 2
    Since this forum helped my in pricing my Mazda3 2008, I thought I'd share my final price with you all.

I bought a S Grand Touring 5-door with the moonroof and bose package along the the compass/homelink rear-view mirror on Wednesday July 16th. The listed MSRP in the window was $23,725.00. Edmunds is showing an invoice price of $21,893.00. I got it for $21,564.00 or $329.00 below invoice.

I was originally quoted an internet price for a GT 5-door for $20,990.00 with moonroof and bose package but the color was wrong and I asked them if they could price me a GT with the right color. They charged me an extra $564 dollars just because the one I wanted had the homelink/compass rear-view. I wasn't too happy about that but considering this a first time purchase for me, I don't think I did too badly.

The dealership I got my car from was Phillips Mazda in Laguna Hills, CA.
  • Options
    eviltraineviltrain Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a new GT 5-door in Metropolitan Gray earlier this week. I completely agree that the color is absolutely gorgeous though the undertone comes across as more greenish than bluish to me.

Anyway, I have no experience using the DVD navigation system by I opted not to buy it for the simple reason that I consider it to be very overpriced at $1,670.00 invoice for the option. Seems like after-market would be the better way to go though I can certainly understand the appeal of using a clean, integrated system.
  • Options
    dinosaurkundinosaurkun Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the whole car buying experience, so I was wondering if y'all could give me some advice. The dealer quoted me at $20,200.00 + TTL and fees. I think that he said the OTD price was ~$21,700.00. The only added option is that moonroof/bose thingy. It's about $600 less than the invoice listed on Edmunds.

And does anyone know when the 2009's will come out? The dealer guy claimed to not know, and I haven't found any solid information.

Thanks in advance!
    Dino
  • Options
    xmomxmom Member Posts: 4
    Hello-
    I am in the Atlanta area, and need advice on what prices I should expect to pay on
    either the i Touring VE or the S Touring in Automatic. So far I have a quote for @ $16100 for the i Touring.

Thanks folks
  • Options
    brtedbrted Member Posts: 7
    I'm in Atlanta too. I bought a 3i VE with sunroof/6 CD with manual transmission in May at Mazda of Roswell, but I think the deal would be the same: $2,000 below MSRP ($1,500 taken off the price and a $500 instant rebate). Also got 1.9% financing for 36 months. I dealt with their internet sales guy. Sounds like you are in the right price range already, though with a lot of work and haggling maybe you could get a little lower.
  • Options
    ronbo08ronbo08 Member Posts: 2
    I'm interested in purchasing an 08 mazda3 s touring sedan that I found at my local dealership. I'm new to new car buying, and would love some info. I have the option to purchace with cash in a month or so, and I'm wondering how much I should ask off the sticker price. The one I'm interested in is around 21,000 to 22,000. I have a trade in although it's not worth much.
  • Options
    shawn89shawn89 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, need a little help. What is a good price on this car in texas? I am looking to buy one and just wanted your guys opinions. Thanks
  • Options
    tgeorgestgeorges Member Posts: 1
    I live in metro Atlanta, too (Roswell) but went over to Jim Ellis Mazda in Marietta to get a 2008 3 i Touring automatic (not the i Touring Value - so mine does not have 17" wheels, ABS, or side airbags). It was technically a "used" vehicle, but had only 75 miles on it as it was an unused dealer loaner. As a certified pre-owned, it had an 8 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and the remainder of the 3/36,000 bumper to bumper. I paid $14,988 for it. There are about 4 more on that lot in the same boat so to speak - new, but really certified pre-owned. I know there's at least one other at that price, and a couple others for $1000 more.

My experience was great. This is the very first foreign car I've ever owned, and I picked it based on reliability, performance, value, and how well it "fit" me and my situation.

I know that there are i Touring Values running into the $16K and $17K but my goal was $15k or under and so far I couldn't be happier.

My son, of course, wanted the RX-8 that was on the lot for $15,988. I almost got it.

-Tom
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    My son, of course, wanted the RX-8 that was on the lot for $15,988. I almost got it.

I test drove one a couple of years ago. What a blast to drive, but lousy gas mileage and from what I hear loves to use about a quart of oil every other fill up. Reason I didn't buy it? My wife's legs were too cramped with her purse on the floor in the passenger seat. ;)
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    misshmissh Member Posts: 4
    I've been negotiating a deal on the vehicle below and here is what I've been offered:

Mazda3, sport, hatch, auto - $17,765 (including destination); no other options

add process fee $359
    add T,T,L

I've been talking with about five dealers altogether. Two of the five have told me that they can't match nor beat this price. I have two others agreeing to match it.

However, I've been really wanting to get the sport model with the additional option of the sunroof/6-CD and I'm willing to pay invoice price of $765 on top of $17,765 which would bring total to about $18,500. So far I've got one dealer willing to sell for $18,980, but no one else is offering lower.

I'm trying to decide if this is good deal...any ideas??
  • Options
    mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    I don't get it with these fees. I mean a price is either a price or it isn't ("price" + fee = price), so I don't know why dealers play this game.
  • Options
    misshmissh Member Posts: 4
    I don't get it either. Previous to my negotiations with Mazda, I had been seriously considering the Nissan Versa. Believe it or not, one of the Nissan dealers added on $499 "processing fee." In all of my experiences, the lowest "process fee" I've been quoted is $99. It really seems to vary. Is this fee something that can be negotiated??
  • Options
    mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Member Posts: 17
    Well, of course, but just remember, that unless the dealer can tell you this "fee" is something he has to pay to somebody else, it is simply part of the price he is setting (as opposed to destination charge, which, because all dealers pay it, should already be built into the price), and this fee is part of what you are paying to him.

If it is a "doc fee," I don't know how that works there, but here in Illinois, it is capped (I think at $150), and they all charge it, but at least it is a given amount.
  • Options
    The fee is to drop on exhausted walk ins (people with no or few competitive bids) and get another 499 out of them.. Their existence at a dealership may speak for how successful they are at dropping it on buyers in their area. Get 10-20 bids end of month (last week) via email inclusive of all dealer fees, destination, title (and possibly taxes for your county and state) Lowest price otd wins. Usually 10-20 solicitations will produce 2-4 that really need to sell a car. Sometimes the doc fee is printed on the form for a dealership, and they really need to "charge" it to everyone, but with competitive phone bids while munching chips on your couch they can just reduce their otd bid.

A bid of 18000 and change is lousy for the 19500 sport hatch auto.They're usually selling for 16500 or so this time of year with all doc and delivery fees. If stocks are low maybe you can work them the last few days of the month.

The mazda6 i sport value edition sedan hatch 5dr is rare around here (msrp 22400 instead of 21250 for the reg sedan) but it is a hatch in sedans clothing (indistinguishable from the normal 6 sedan)and has a huge hatch you could load a refrigerator in, and sexy as hell. Make sure none of these are available in the 17000 or less range before going with the 3 hatch. Take the normal utility of a 3 hatch and double it for this one. Very underrated. (except in japan where they sell like the dickens) Only hatch sedan available.Check it out.

Good luck

--jjf
  • Options
    ylzylz Member Posts: 45
    Hello all. Would someone who owns a 2008 Mazda 3 WITH Nav, please comment on this. It is an accurate navigation system? It is tedious to use with that controller next to the shifter? I know it may not be worth the price but I like the clean look of a nav system in a car but I need some feedback on THIS particular nav. Please help. Thanks.
  • Options
    rodiddyrodiddy Member Posts: 8
    First, I should state that I live in Florida: 6% taxes. With alot of the input from this forum I was able to get an idea about decent deals on the M3 Hatchback. However, I need a sanity check. Please tell me if I'm giving too much or too little for the following proposal:

My 2005 Audi A4 1.8t: KBB:Excellent $16,825 to really Good $15,865 condition + $2000 OTD for a

2008 Mazda3 Hatchback Sport w/ leather seats
  • Options
    rob_z1rob_z1 Member Posts: 2
    Just paid $16,800 in Westchester Mazda in NY
    Automatic Tran
    plus All-weather floor mats, wheel locs and cargo net.

Is this a good price?
  • Options
    mikestromikestro Member Posts: 2
    I agreed on the price of 17,500 OTD including all tax's and fee's. I got the 2008.5 I touring value manual with the 17" alloys, abs, curtain airbags. Great looking car I just hope it lasts as long as my toyota!
  • Options
    mikestromikestro Member Posts: 2
    I got it for 17,500 OTC the I touring mazda3 value manual tranny with 8.75 sale tax (thx bay area tax rate) maybe I should move to oregon next time I buy a car! I am also 20 who makes under 1,000 a month but I still was able to finance with a 1% interest rate. The price was about 500 off invoice, and 2-300 off Consumer reports "bottom line price" I also got the 2008.5 model which included 17" alloys and ipod aux in addition to all the other features. Love the car sweet shifter, alot nicer than a tercel :)
  • Options
    kdieselkdiesel Member Posts: 4
    On July 31st I got a great deal on a Black Mazda 3 i Touring Value, Automatic 2.0L without navigation.

I called and emailed around and got the quotes to go down. Sticker MSRP was 18,130... I paid

16,194. plus doc fee (55 bucks) Tax (8.25%) and DMV fees (which i checked to make sure they didnt mark up that and they did it a lil cheaper than what it said on the dmv website actually)

17,767. OUT THE DOOR!

im getting my extended warranty online. They tried to get me on that and other stuff but i didnt crack. I didnt do financing with them either even though they said they would beat my rate by a quarter percent. I just have heard of people getting calls from dealers later and switching it. It looks a little open in the contract and since they gave me such a good price I was worried they would try and screw me later. They are not getting anymore money from me!

I got one guy to give me 16,100. over the phone but he seemed shady and the dealership was kinda far. It would have been harder for me to return my rental car (my old car died this week) and get the car, figured it wasnt worth seeing if he was for real. Another dealer called me right after I bought the car and said he would match the 17,767 OTD but it was too late. So maybe there is a slim chance i could have gotten it a little cheaper at the end of the day? Didnt feel like under 16K was going to happen anywhere. Some places laughed at my 16,194 and said they couldnt go lower than 16,750, that was on July 30!

I think for living in L.A. this is the best deal I could have hoped for. Over the past month or 2 in these forums it looks like only a couple prices beat this but the cost of living and tax is probably not as high as it is here in Los Angeles.

zoom zoom zoom!
  • Options
    mazdrvrmazdrvr Member Posts: 112
    I was just wondering if you still are paying off your car and wanted to trade-in or lease a new car would it work like this? Whatever the current value of the car is - the amount still owed = what can be used as a trade-in value/down payment (current value kbb $14680 - 10,000 = $4680 to be used)? Then is the rest of what is owed added to the price of the new car? How would it work for a lease? Thanks in advance, just wanted to make sure i understand everything correctly.
  • Options
    mazdrvrmazdrvr Member Posts: 112
    ^^ Sorry if i might of posted this in the wrong thread.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Tuesday means Mazda chat night! The chat opens at 8:45 pm ET and runs until 10 pm ET. I hope you're able to join us tonight to meet and greet with your fellow CarSpace members!
    See you there!
  • Options
    irvinemomirvinemom Member Posts: 8
    Hello:

I'm looking for the same car in metro gray. I live in Orange County, CA. Where did you purchase your car. So far, I have a quote from Riverside Mazda for $16,295 and nobody wants to go lower. The tax rate in OC is 7.75%. It might be less in Riverside. I appreciate any help you can give me. You got a great deal!