Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7 V6

logan21logan21 Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Jeep
Engine won't rev above 2200 rpm's unless serpentine belt is off or alternator is unplugged . Something about the alternator spinning with its wires connected is causing this problem . Have tried another alternator with same result . Also have a fuel injector code for # 4 cylinder . Have replaced injector & tested wiring to injector . Have power to one of the injector wires but not getting a ground from the PCM . Wire from the injector to the PCM is good .
Have read the PCM can disable an injector for reasons other than a bad injector . Have also replaced # 4 coil & installed new spark plugs . Compression on # 4 cylinder is good .

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Yes the PCM can disable one or more injectors by getting a signal from traction control sensor, for instance. I wonder if bench testing the alternator might reveal anything. I don't know enough about electronics to track this down but I do know that skewed voltages can make a PCM very unhappy.