Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Nissan Frontier 2005+

Comments

• Options
    hkingshkings Member Posts: 74
    Millar, a few people have already reported being able to test drive one as of yesterday! Many dealers I talked to in the California area said they will be getting their first ones on Dec 23rd, this Thursday. In fact, I have one on hold that should be in by Dec. 31st. Sounds like your dealer might not be among the 1st to get them this time around. Just an FYI.
  • Options
    jjpeterjjpeter Member Posts: 230
    I wonder which models will be the first to arrive at the dealers.

And I'm hoping you can "custom order" a Frontier with just the options you'd like.

I'm looking at a 4x2 silver King cab SE with the power package, Auto tranny, alloy wheels, spray in bed liner, bed track system, over the bed-rail protection and fog lamps.

Will that basically be an LE? I don't want leather, or the step up rail.

I bet the first units to the dealers will be optioned out 4x4 crew cabs. So, the wait for my configuration will be beyond next week or even January.

Would be really nice to be able to "build my own Frontier." I can dream...
  • Options
    The 05 the dealer has on hold of rme is a fully loaded crew cab 4x4 with every option you can get from the factory. Im also getting it 3% under invoice because I have a Nissan VPP through family! WooHoo! It arrives Dec 31st... supposedly!

Cant wait!
  • Options
    centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    Are you in LA? What dealers have Frontiers? Thanks
  • Options
    Do you truely want a Frontier before you have even driven one?

What if there is something you can't live with, like a lot engine noise coming through the fire wall? Or something with the interior, or whatever?

Even at 3% under invoice, a bad vehicle is not a good deal.

I think its great you will be the first one on the block - but having serial # 112 may have its distinctions...

I for one want to do some real comparisons before signing anything over, expecially my hard earned $.
  • Options
    Hey JJPeter...

Just to answer some of your questions...

1) I will definitely be test driving the Frontier this week when they hit lots before putting money down. In addition I will be testing the 05 Tacoma and 04 Titan 'again' back to back as those are the 3 trucks Im deciding between. If I do like the Frontier enough, I will test it again a few times before eventually testing out the one I want to purchase. I won't blindly throw money down on a truck I've never driven.

2) If there is something I can't live with, then obviously I won't buy the truck. I will look at my other options, weigh the good and the bad, and see which one offers more good than bad regarding my wants and needs.

3) I agree, even for free, a bad vehicle isn't worth the time (which is money) and headache of maintaining it or fixing it. Value only goes as far as what you get out of it. That's true with anything in life.

4) I'm not looking to be #1 on the block, I'm looking for a truck that has everything I want in a pickup. So far, on paper the 05 Frontier fits all my wants and needs, the Tacoma doesn't. The Titan fits it all too but is bigger than my needs and wants at this point in time. If the Frontier test drives anything like the Titan minus the size I'll be a buyer. I understand that there will always be issues with 1st year models, or redesigns, however all the trucks I'm interested in are either 1st year, or for the Titan, a 2nd year but also a brand new model entirely as of 04. Basically I'm at a point I need a truck ASAP and I need to jump in and hope that Nissan and Toyota will treat me well with few major problems.

4) If you only knew how much real comparison, research and test drives I've done to this point on all 3 models, your head would spin. Just ask my girlfriend, she is about to slap me sideways from me talking about my truck research the past 3 months! :) Sorry for this long response, but long story short, I need a truck and as long as the drive of the new 05 Frontier betters my 01 Frontier, it will be a no brainer for me as I was somewhat disappointed in the new 05 Tacoma, and I don't need the size of the Titan.

Hope this answers some of your questions :)
  • Options
    taylor35taylor35 Member Posts: 39
    HKings,

Your post is sort of scary because it hits my situation perfectly. Have driven an 04 Titan several times and love it except for parking it and having it take up most of the garage. I have looked at the Tacomas and like them, but just something that I can't put my finger on that holds me back on those. The Frontier sounds like a good option but I would really like to see and drive one. There is a great 04 Titan that I can get a great deal on but not the size is an issue. Anyway, just know there is another out there with about the same issues/situation as you. Good luck.
  • Options
    I am in the same situation as you two. I want to drive the Frontier, because right now I am leaning toward the Titan. I really didn't want to get a fullsized truck, I am not doing heavy hauling or towing. The Taco board is starting to worry me. There appears to be some small issues showing up. Loose bolts, skid plate that may need recall, the composit bed broke, other rattles that can't be found. I have driven Taco's, each one I drive seems to be a little different. Some have been very quiet, others not. You can feel the road through the steering wheel. I have always heard Toyota has such good manufacturing, but these issues have me concerned. Plus, there are somehing missing on the Taco that makes me slow to fork over the cash. I hope the Frontier hits the spot, if it doesn't I am going with the Titan (still like the Tundra, but it is really long and parking it is a nightmare).
  • Options
    May as well sit tight and let the holiday's happen and forget about seeing any frontiers before Christmas.

Starting in January this board will be jumping.

Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Options
    dbauerdbauer Member Posts: 416
    please dont advertise your dealership. the rest of us are not allowed, so its not fair to everyone if you do too.
  • Options
    Hey jjpeter,

I agree that is going to be true for most dealers and people. However, I have spoken to several dealers in the Southern California area that said they are scheduled to get their first trucks this Thursday Dec. 23rd. So that might be an early gift for a few :) Especially those looking for at least a test drive; like myself. The exact vehicle I want (if I am happy with the test drive) I have temporarily on hold and it's scheduled to be in on Dec. 31st.

Getting closer!!!
  • Options
    has anyone seen invoice pricing yet?
  • Options
    Hey buddy, if you are the first to do a "civilian" test drive - we want a full report!!

So. Cal, may be one of the first regions to get the initial wave of Frontiers. The fun AND the agony is in the anticipation. :)
  • Options
    pablopepablope Member Posts: 10
    Hey, guys....check this site...www.autosafety.com....for problems with vehicles before buying....they have a database of defects....
  • Options
    Great website... If you are taking your Frontier to Iraq!

Hawk your service on the "captains of industry" limo or Hummer boards there Pablo.
  • Options
    badnessbadness Member Posts: 242
    That is so true,jumpping isn't the word,more like stir crazzzzzy!!

I heard from my dealer in New Jersey that he wont be getting the 2005 Frontier till the end of Jan. I have put out 7emails too diff. dealers and I'm just waiting for that one phone call,I can't wait too test drive one,I bought a 1993 for my self for axmas I hope too buy the 2005 for my birthday,But I hope one us of test drive one soon. I can't wait to hear the imput from our peeps on the web page .
  • Options
    jjpeter,

I will be sure to give a review once Ive definitely given one a test drive and I hope you will too. The more, the better.

centralcal,

I don't have full invoice pricing but I do have one quote since I'm getting a VPP price which is 3% under invoice. On a 05 4x4 Crew Cab FULLY loaded top of the line Frontier with Rockford Fosgate , Leather, Traction, ALBS, Bed Extender, XM Satellite, Sunroof, microfilter, side airbags and floor mats the MSRP with $560 Destination is officially $32,430.00

I was given the invoice price of $29,687.00 for that vehicle above which is about an 8.5% discount from MSRP, which is about the difference on all Nissan MSRP and Invoice prices.

My price with VPP for that vehicle should be close to 3% under that.

Hope this helps everyone calcualte apprx. invoice for other 05 Frontys.
  • Options
    Thanks, that is the exact truck I want to test drive and hpoefully buy (if I like it).
  • Options
    Hey,I think I seen the Pathfinder2005 on the road today it was silver and very wide(I'm in NEW Jersey ,east coast), so our Frontier have too be on their way shortly,still no calls from the dealers for me too come test drive one yet,has anyone see one in person or drove one Yet????
  • Options
    sigsauersigsauer Member Posts: 35
    couple dealers in orange county, ca called me today to let me know that they have a few in their lot. dropped by the one in costa mesa, they have a kc (not interested in seeing) and a se c/c w/ 6 spd. test drove the se. the engine/manual combo really moves; it think it has better pickup speed than the 6 spd v6 05 tacoma access cab that i also test drove last month. i only drove on surface street for a few minutes so couldn't tell much about the handling, suspension, turning radius or freeway passing ease. the manual trans moves easily less vague than the tacoma, the reverse is next to the 6th gear but you'd have to push it down first before the gear get shifted into. i think the reverse position is better, more logical, easier to use than the reverse positon on the tacoma which is next to 1st gear. the engine compartment has the noise insulator on the inside of the hood so not as much engine noise heard inside the cabin. the seat is firm and comfortable w/ 2 manual adjustment for the bottom seat tilting forward/backward, no lumbar support though. some of the cons that i still see from this production vehicle compare to the pre-production one i saw at the autoshow: no rear anti-sway bar, still the cheap all-plastic door panels, not enough storage bins as in the tacoma, the rear seat do not angle far back enough to be comfortable for long drive - tacoma has better second row seat, fog lights, auto on/off headlights and rear sliding windows not available on se models.

talked to the internet sale mgr and was told i could get it for few hundreds over invoice; this is a big plus over the tacoma. will have to go back and look at some other se w/ more options (side airbag - which tacoma doesn't have yet - power package, sunroof, limited slip).

neither the tacoma or the frontier is a perfect truck for me at this point but most bangs for my bucks would be the frontier right now.
  • Options
    All right! First test drive report.

Tell us sigsauer, what did the Frontier look like size wise? How much bigger then the 04 Frontier, how much smaller then the Titan?

Was the ride bouncy, or fairly smooth?

Was the steering precise or vague?

Too bad you didn't test drive an automatic, I'm looking forward to impressions for that tranny.

Thanks for posting your report and answering my questions!
  • Options
    lvelve Member Posts: 1
    I saw and touched four 2005 Frontiers 42 minutes ago. I looked at them in the back lot after my contact called me this morning. All the dealers got them this morning. I want to see them in better light tomorrow and maybe test drive when they are inventoried.
  • Options
    it's slightly bigger than the 04 frontier and quite a bit smaller than the titan based on my personal observation.

the ride was fairly smooth on paved roads. regardless any truck i buy, i plan to remove the stock suspension and tires for the lift later so i didn't pay too much attention to the smoothness of it.

the steering was normal, i guess you could call it precise. the steering feedback and effort to move it was just right with 1 hand operation (the other hand was on the stick)

1 weird feeling i have is that the inside cabin somehow felt 'smaller' than the 05 d/c tacoma even though the specs showed the similar numbers b/t those 2 trucks.

the se c/c 2wd, m/t weights 4226 lbs, the 2wd taco d/c s/b m/t weights 3810 lbs, so it came out to be about 15.95 lb per hp for the frontier and 15.55 lb/hp for the taco. but it sure feels (slightly) stronger pull on the fronter - must be the different gearing. hopefully the gas mileage will not vary too much from 17/21 as advertised.
  • Options
    about an hour ago i test drove another 05 se c/c frontier at a huntington beach dealership. this one has the power pkg and auto tranny. wow, this baby can move! and there isn't a lot of engine noise even when flooring the gas either. it feels very solid, sturdy even during quick lane changes at high speed. right after i left this dealer, went straight to a toyota dealer down the street, test drove a 05 taco d/c prerunner long bed. the difference in acceleration b/t these 2 trucks is very obvious; the frontier has a lot more guts, better pickup speed and quieter. when flooring the gas on the taco i also heard some tickling noises coming out from the engine bay as well (probably due to having only 87 octane gas in a 91 octane recommended truck). driving at night w/ the dashboard light up, i prefer the frontier's amber backlit more than the redish light of the tacoma. and i briefly cranked up the radio in both, i think the sound in the frontier is much warmer and more pleasant to the ears too.

the frontier is now shipped w/ side & curtain airbags when the taco is not (at least in my region). i think i've made up my mind to get the frontier over the taco now even though the backseat, the storage areas and the door panel material of the tacoma is way much better than the fronter. guess i won't be sitting or storing too much junk back there.
  • Options
    garyodsgaryods Member Posts: 7
    Good morning, I just visited the NissanUSA site and this time for the first time the 05 is the Frontier shown in the current vehicle slot under trucks. Always before I had to go to the future vehicle section.

You can build your own online and see what the options are (according to Nissan - who should know)

Good luck and enjoy

Happy Holidays

Gary
  • Options
    novanova Member Posts: 135
    Can any one on this board who test drives a v6 crew cab see if they can take it on the highway. I really need to know the rpm's at 65 and 80 mph. I test drove one today. No highway around to bring it up to speed. 05 LE crew cab loaded sticker $28,390.00. Loved every thing about the truck except the door panels looked cheap next to the leather and the rear seat is not a comfortable as the tacoma. Loaded for less than the tacoma. LOOKS FANTASTIC
  • Options
    For your reviews and sharing your impressions. After a test drive, I'll do my own write up.

I just spoke to a dealer here in San Jose and they got two King Cabs in last night. They are still in the prep area, but I'm going over this afternoon to at least kick the tires.

Can't wait to finally see an 05 in person!
  • Options
    taylor35taylor35 Member Posts: 39
    I drove an 05 Frontier 4x2 Crew Cab today. No comparison to the old Frontier - more room, very responsive engine, driving/cornering is very precise. It is basically a Pathfinder pickup. I agree that it seems smaller than the Tacoma in the front area, but not in the back seat. The ride was a rougher than the Titan which I expected but still a great ride.
  • Options
    I looked over a plastic shrouded LE KC Frontier at the dealer this afternoon. It was just off the truck so definitally not showroom ready. It was by the prep-shop, unlocked, no salesmen around, so could really look it over without being hassled.

My impressions:

Really the right size for my needs on the outside. In fact, I love the exterior look! The unit was black (a color I'd never chose). I'd believe a silver paint job would make the truck even more appealing.

Opening the hood, that V6 just fills the engine bay beautifully. I looks like an engine with a truck attached to it, LOL.

The bed had the spray in bed liner, over the rail caps and aluminum track system. Its gorgeous and looks highly functional. I have an aftermarket spray in liner in my Ranger, and its the only liner I'd use.

Interior: Kind of disappointed here. A touch on the cheap side. And the great looking Radio system I've seen on the pre-release photos is the Satellite unit, with 6 disk magazine. The stock Radio/CD player is quite a downgrade in looks. The sound was great though! Seats, though covered in plastic, were very comfortable.

The arm rest - - Nissan, its an ARM REST, not a bin to put junk into. Its too far back, away from the dash to rest your right elbow on, which I do as I drive. Is this a deal killer? Well, I'd have to do a test drive and see. But I see it as a major drawback for me. And it had a side-step up tube dealy. Its just a pant cuff destroyer when dirty, and the step up into the cab is not THAT high that its necessary. Pull it!

The rear area in the King Cab: Quite small, seems smaller then my Ranger area. Well, I haul stuff back there and the occasional rider will just have to tough it out.

I went by the Toyota dealer to look at the Tacoma, and Tundra. Tacoma: Seems to be trying too hard to be everything; too many bulges, too many glitzy plastic parts. I does not appeal to me. The Tundra is a really nice truck, and has many of the features I am looking for. Its just big. I consider it my competition against the Frontier.

I test drove two Tundras about six months ago, an 04, V6 and then the V8. V8 had way more guts, and the V6 was droney at speed. Have to test drive the new Tundra V6 to see if it compares well to the Frontier.

More comparing to do!

Keep up the posts guys.
  • Options
    roomanrooman Member Posts: 10
    Test drove a CC today. The rpm at 80mph was about 2000. The first impression was VERY QUIET and smooth. The salesperson deliberately let me drove on a crappy, bumpy, winding road and I went up to 50mph without knowing it. The suspension absorbed the bumps well.

On the negative side, the truck had a motorized sunroof installed and the "hump", or space reserved for the sunroof to retract, took out even more headroom for an already low roof. I'm only 5'9" and I found my head hitting that hump while entering/exiting the cab.

The rear seatbacks have a more upright angle as compared to the 05 tacos'; however, the rear toe room is relatively bigger so I could slide part of my feet under the front seat. On the taco, I couldn't slide my feet under the front seat at all but the taco seems to have more leg room despite the numbers indicate otherwise.

I would also like to get safety features but VDC is available for 4x4, not 4x2. Side and curtain airbags on the CC could only be added along with the dreadful sunroof.
  • Options
    Hey peeps look like everyone is getting their calls today I got mine at today in the am I'm in New Jersey and they have a 2005Frontier and asked me too come and see it and test drive it ,but I wont be able too give any ipute till next week.sorry guys.
  • Options
    Hey everyone should be test driving one asp. it seem like everyone is getting their trucks in like all the the head Hot shots at nissan were saying ,Hay props too Nissan can't wait too test drive it when I come back from vacation!! so give usssssssssssss impute peeps!!!!
  • Options
    ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    They've come out just in time for the LA Auto Show - it starts Jan. 7. I'll be there, checking out the new Frontier. Can't wait to drive one, as I've owned and loved Nissans 4 times so far.

My only disappointment, just from reading the specs, is how heavy these things are - quite a bit more than the equivalent Tacoma. 400 lbs more for the KC, 2WD V6; 200 lbs for the KC 2WD I4, with less power than the Toy. One might say you get "more for your money" with the Frontier, and that's true. But, you've got to bring that "more" (extra weight) up to speed every time you start, and slow it down every time you stop. Especially on hills. Kinda tough on the engine, trans, and brakes (over time). I'm kind of a minimalist when it comes to machines - no camera in the cell phone, that kind of thing, so I wonder why the discrepancy, especially when these two truck are so similar in size.

Anyone sense that extra weight while driving/cross-shopping the Toyota? Anyone drive a 4-cyl. 5-speed XE KC yet?
  • Options
    I got to sit in a couple of CC today. Couldn't test drive, just off the trucks. I think the head room is fine. I am 6'1", the seat adjust to be lowered. I was in one with the sunroof, two without and I don't think the sunroof changed it very much. This is actually a huge deal for me because it has been a problem in most SUV and trucks with sunroofs. The seat adjustments are turn nobs on the side of the seat (no leather models yet which have electric adjustments). The Taco has no adjustable seats, but the headroom is fine. By the the numbers, they should be identical.

The Taco is definitely a little bigger, but the Frontier is not too small (not a compact truck anymore).

The center arm rest is too far back. I put the seat all the way back and only my elbow rests on it? I think it will not work for many people. The seat material is cheap, much better in Taco, but I am looking for leather which the Taco doesn't even offer. The seats were very comfortable. I think the back seat is more comforable than in the Taco. I like the sloped seat in Taco, but my head hits the back window so I can't sit all the way back, much better head room in the frontier.

The console is more finished looking in the Taco, but it looks nice on the Frontier and I didn't think the door plastic looked too cheap.

Can't wait to test drive it, I am leaning toward the Frontier right now. Want to drive the Titan again before i choose. Decided against the Tundra because of length and turning radius.
  • Options
    Well I finally got to test a new Crew Cab 05 Frontier LE 4x2 yesterday before the sun set. Here are my impressions as I have been considering both this, the Titan, and the Tacoma.

Exterior: Beautiful truck! Nice lines, tough and macho, yet not overdone like the Tacoma (Although the Tacoma isnt ugly). Everyone says it looks like a Titan, but I don;t see it that much... I still like the Titan a close 2nd.

Interior: I sat in a non-leather truck, and since I want the leather sunroof packages, it's hard to make a final judgement. Cloth vs Cloth in Tacoma is nicer, more seat support, but I want leather and power seats. Frontier at least offered manual heigh adjustment on their base seats... Tacoma, didnt have it. The Dash in the Tacoma seemed "fancier" but like a pain to put an aftermarket Nav system into. Frontier will be a snap and I liked that. I'm still looking for allt he amenities the Titan has in its interior, and the Leather packaged Frontier will be the closest.

Overall Drive: I was very impressed witht he drive. It blows my 2001 Frontier out of the water in terms of power, quietness/road/wind noise and smoothness. I'd say minus the extra power the ride was on par with the Titan, maybe even less bumpy? Vs the Tacoma, I could definitely tell the difference in power and engine rev. The Tacoma did seem to have a slightly better "car like" ride, but the Frontier was close.

Bottom Line: I think Im gonna stick with my choice to go Frontier when my fully loaded 4x4 comes in this week. Im gonna drive the Titan and Tacoma last time. If I don't go Fronty it may be a Titan... but I love the smaller size of the Fronty for driving in the city.. Los Angeles.

Merry Xmas to all!
  • Options
    Well just looked at the CC05 didn't like it too much it, nice inside and just don't like the 4Doors on it but I think the king cab will look nicer I hope ,it sit too low too the ground,I just don't like the 4dr thing,unless you have little kids its great.the sunroof on it looked nice as hell and the leather seats looked real sharp!!!
  • Options
    taytay Member Posts: 3
    To those who juggle between Titan and Frontier, here is just my $0.02....

It costs about $60 to fill up the Titan's fuel tank. I definately will go for Frontier for sure.
  • Options
    with all due respect, before comparing the tundra to the frontier, you should compare prices, and drive a titan...if you think the tundra v8 is peppy, you just wait and see...

i think the apples-to-apples comparison would be tacoma/frontier or tundra/titan. i understand the concept of the comparison...i just dont see the logic.
  • Options
    Indeed, its not a apple to apples between the Frontier and the Tundra. The Tundra though, is a 3/4 full size, kind of between the Frontier and the Titan. And dollar wish, the V6 access cab Tundra comes in at $22,855 after the $1500 rebate, before tax and fees.

The Frontier 4x2 SE King cab, automatic, right now has no rebate and its MSRP is around $21K with all the options I want.

So, about a $1300 dollar separation, in the Frontier's favor.

I have to do my test driving to determine which vehicle meets my criteria for a BUY! I'll continue to post as I get closer to that day.
  • Options
    atlgaxtatlgaxt Member Posts: 501
    Does anyone know if the traction control on the 4wd models works only in 4wd or does it also work in 2wd for everyday driving?
  • Options
    charlie_bcharlie_b Member Posts: 19
    they really screwed up the way they have the options available, at least according to the build a truck on the nissan web site.

first, looks like you can only get 4 cylinder in XE model. you can't take an XE and load it up with the nice options like the mp3 stereo.

you can only get red in the nismo or SE, not LE or XE.

i want a red 4 cylinder with the nice bed liner, utilitrack system, and mp3 stereo. why on earth won't they let you start with the base model and then add whatever options you want to it and choose any color available?
  • Options
    Give them time. After the trucks start rolling into the dealers, they will get the dealer installable options.

I'd like to see them offer a true "build your own Frontier", where you can order the model you want, with ALL the options you want (within reason). Other vehicle makes offer this, I hope Nissan does to.
  • Options
    matthew_dmatthew_d Member Posts: 1
    I drove an 05 KC tonight with 4-wheel ABLS and it seemed to engage in 2WD. I punch the gas and felt the tires spin a little bit then a light on the dashboard turned on for a second that said SLIP and then the spinning stopped. I had driven a CC a few days ago without the 4-wheel ABLS option and it seemed easier to skid the tires during hard acceleration from a dead stop.
  • Options
    according to the brochure, the se c/c doesn't come with the 8-way manual driver's seat BUT today i saw 1 se c/c (plus power & sunroof pkg) has the 2 round knobs on the side of the driver's seat to adjust the seat portion of driver's seat. i also saw another se c/c w/o these 2 round knobs on the side of the driver's seat. when i asked the salesman and the sales mgr about this, they're (as expected) clueless and gave some half [non-permissible content removed] answer such as nissan picks and chooses whatever 'free' options to include on the truck. i'm really confused/stumped as not knowing what to expect or not to expect when i'm ready for my se c/c purchase. should i be expecting the extra manual adjustment on the driver's seat (which i really want) or not? i also saw another c/c but le w/ pwr pkg has these 2 manual adjustments on another dealer's lot.

btw, i think nissan frontier has a smaller mark up (or profit margin) than toyota tacoma. the msrp on my vehicle, se c/c + all extra pkgs is 23,560 and the invoice (showed to me on the computer by an internet sales manager) is only 22,120 which is about 6%. tacoma's mark up is about 8% to 9%.

another discrepancy i noted is the mileage estimate on the sticker of an le c/c v6 at this one dealership says 16/20 but the official manual says its 17/21 for both manual and auto tranny. there are other discrepancies in the brochure such as under crew cab packages se only has 1 optional pkg which is power pkg, but this is not. nissan should fire whoever wrote the stuffs on the brochure or release another revision of the brochure.
  • Options
    taytay Member Posts: 3
    Another review between Fronty and Taco.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosconsumer/0412/29/G01-44377.htm
  • Options
    Has anyone come across a website with invoice pricing yet? I am getting ready to order an LE, decked out, but want to check out the numbers. I am planning on using the New-Nissan.com website. They offer any Frontier (or Titan for that matter) at $500 under invoice, or $750 under invoice if you have one built. The only problem is they are in Seattle, so you either have to drive it (for me back to Cali) or ship it. I just want to double check the numbers and get it ordered.
  • Options
    the initial trucks likely wont be discounted. why would you need invoice pricing when its not a realistic figure?

all you will do is tease yourself by knowing.
  • Options
    that is completely untrue. First, if you pay the MSRP you are a fool. Second, you need to know how much they are truely making on you to make a reasonable offer.
  • Options
    novanova Member Posts: 135
    I am thinking about ordering from new-nissan. I am waiting for Adam Smith to check with some local dealers in south Florida. There is a thing called courtesy delivery were you can buy from Adam and have the truck droped off at your local dealer. I did this with my PT cruiser when they first came out. The local chrysler dealer charged me $150.00. I gave him 3 dealers #'s last night
  • Options
    "you need to know how much they are truely making on you to make a reasonable offer"

why? what does a dealer's profit have to do with the price you are comfortable with? sounds like you want to know so you can make sure they dont make money...this seems more like spite than good shopping.

i dont disagree with knowing the baseline for your initial offer, but i wouldnt fool myself into thinking that its a realistic transaction figure.

at this point in time, with the truck so new, i would either expect to pay at or close to MSRP, due to low volume and selection initially, or wait for the market to adjust like everyone else if you think thats an unreasonable price.

im not trying to be a jerk or anything, i just think needing invoice on a brand new product is useless to the buyer at launch time. it can only make you upset when they say:

"sir, i appreciate your offer, but the best we can do is MSRP-$50."