Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chevy Suburban starting problems

nissanbuild903nissanbuild903 Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Chevrolet
Here's what I have. Starts sometimes. Battery is new. Starter new. I go out and try and start this chevy and alot of times get the clicking sound until I jump it. Interior lights flicker even though they are off at the switch. Battery checks out good when put back on charger, just needs a slight charge. Did a parasite test and that's not it. Really getting fed up with this thing. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I would approach this in two ways. One, I'd have the battery actually load-tested; second, I'd carefully check my battery cables, both ends of both cables, for corrosion and poor connection; lastly, I'd check the engine-to-frame ground strap. The reason I'm suspicious of these things is because your car starts reliably with a jump. This jump provides both a reliable battery and a reliable ground strap.