Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

RDX AWD tech/watch vs advanced

wassupd0cwassupd0c Member Posts: 4
edited January 2016 in Acura
wanted to ask your opinion:

would you pay $1200 extra for the 2016 awd advanced compared the awd tech/watch?

I hate how the fog light is not standard, or part of the watch or tech pkg.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You mean the Advanced Pkg on top of Tech + Watch? Looks like you are duplicating a lot of the Tech package. I was reading the options on the Acura site and yeah, how strange, that the fog lights only seem to come with the Advanced package. Well I sure as hell wouldn't pay $1650 extra for fog lights but it seems you get these other things:

Parking sensors (front and rear)
    Rain-sensing windshield wipers
    Auto dimming side mirrors
    Remote engine start with vehicle feedback
    Ventilated front seats
    18-inch machine finish alloy wheels
    Fog lights

Personally, aside from the fog lights and the rain-sensing wipers, I myself have never found much need for the other stuff.
  • Options
    daysailerdaysailer Member Posts: 720
    For me, the best part of the Advanced pkg would be the ventilated/cooled seats; I big boon in humid mid-Atlantic summers. Parking sensors and dimming side mirrors might be minor assets as well. But the least justifiable for me are the useless and costly "safety" nags of the Acura Watch package that the Advanced pkg includes. If I need the car to tell me that I'm out of my lane or about to run into something, it's time for me to surrender my license.