Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Why is dealer buyout different from Ford buyout?

jbrewha74jbrewha74 Posts: 13
edited January 2016 in Ford
My lease is up and I'm way under mileage, ran my car through KBB instant cash and it's almost 4K more then my buyout, which I printed out from my account. I took the KBB cash offer to a dealer just waiting for the shadiness, but they actually offered me 3200$ over what I thought was my buyout. Turns out the dealer called ford for the buyout, they told him to call the dealer I leased from and the dealer buyout was 2700 more. Anyone know how this is possible?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• carboy21carboy21 Posts: 760
    I have had two cars which were just 23-24 K miles at the end of a 36 k lease terms. I just bought out the lease and sold them to friends for a profit .
  • My lease buyout is 28k so I can't take the money out from under my pillow to buy it out and sell. Although, it could sell privately for upwards of 35-36. Kbb instant cash was almost 32k, the participating dealer was close enough, 31.2k. I'm surprised I can't make money off of it.