Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Sonata remote start.

zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 75
edited January 2016 in Hyundai
my car is a sonata limited 2013, it has push button start.
however, I am considering to add remote start. can someone tell me what I need to do to make it happen.
I don't want to pay for the Hyundai app on my phone for remote start and everything else that they bill you for yearly.
I know on a previous car, the 2nd remote would need to be destroyed to remove the chip and copy it to the remote starter / alarm. I need advise. thank you.

Comments

• carboy21carboy21 Posts: 760
    edited January 2016
    Buy the Avital remote start kit online from Amazon and a Best Buy will instal it for you for 250$

amazon.com/Avital-4103LX-Remote-System-4-Button/dp/B002P4P1G2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1452442006&sr=1-1&keywords=remote+car+starter

Alternatively, buy it from Best Buy and they will install it free for you.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    That's one way, although aftermarket remote-starts are often a source of trouble. The installer has to be VERY careful what he splices into....VERY careful.
  • carboy21carboy21 Posts: 760
    I have done two installations at Best Buy and have had no problems.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    OK, you are a database of 2. Not a problem for someone with all the vehicle schematics and a good knowledge of automotive electronics, but Best Buy, really?

Here's what one vendor of aftermarket remotes says:

" be aware that attaching any aftermarket electronics product to today's vehicles without the proper know how can be extremely risky; the worst case scenario could be damaging the electronic control module (the computer) or detonating the air bag, resulting in expensive repairs.