Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Problem with the 4wd in 2007 Ford Ranger

lakken7lakken7 Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Ford
My 2007 Ford Ranger is having problems with its 4x4. I can turn the know on 4h and 4l and they both seem to engage. The dash will display that they are on. However, when I have either the 4h or 4l on, the truck kicks like we're going over a bump that isn't there. This happens at any speed. When the truck kicks, it will jerk back a bit. It almost seems like it's coming from the right rear wheel but I'm not too sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I would check the u-joints on the axles...if they are frozen or worn the two axles opposing each other won't spin at the same rate. You might feel this when there's a road surface with no slippage.